St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think he'll do well for you's.

Anyone who can run about for 90 mins, put in a tackle (any sort would do) and be taller than 5ft 4in would slot straight into our midfield right now so it looks like we have won a watch with Quinn :)

Murmurings going on that the club could be sold by next week (again).

Alan Gow got injured whilst playing for the Under 20s (again).

I hope this is the one, supposedly it's English buyers with strong Scottish connections according to Div.

I certainly believe one of those.

Darren Barr rejected an offer from you lot to stay with us last week. Just thought you should know. That's now him and Garry Fleming turned down Saints for ourselves. Shame (perhaps for both parties) that Aggy didn't as well.

Darren Barr rejected an offer from you lot to stay with us last week. Just thought you should know. That's now him and Garry Fleming turned down Saints for ourselves. Shame (perhaps for both parties) that Aggy didn't as well.

You can have Agnew back he's been a huge disappointment. Not sure if it's a confidence thing but he completely shirks all responsibility when in possession and just takes the easy option by making short five yard passes.

Maybe full time doesn't suit him and he's destined to go part time at the end of his current one year deal.

You can have Agnew back he's been a huge disappointment. Not sure if it's a confidence thing but he completely shirks all responsibility when in possession and just takes the easy option by making short five yard passes. Maybe full time doesn't suit him and he's destined to go part time at the end of his current one year deal.

That does sound like a confidence thing, he was famed for spraying the passes about when he was with us. Fantastic at playing the killer ball forward, and last year he really improved his defensive game in the absence of a fit Chris Turner. I'd love us to take him back for next season. I'm really pretty surprised he's struggled as he was excellent in a pretty meh team last year.

Perhaps it's an engrained thing at St Mirren at the moment, no disrespect intended, but very few players have joined you lot in the past couple of years and excelled.

Aggy's still a staunch Sons man at heart as well ;)

Ryan Stevenson has left thistle.

Has always came across as a bit of a walloper over the years, granted I haven't seen him play in a year or so but id take him for us, even just till the end of the season.

That does sound like a confidence thing, he was famed for spraying the passes about when he was with us. Fantastic at playing the killer ball forward, and last year he really improved his defensive game in the absence of a fit Chris Turner. I'd love us to take him back for next season. I'm really pretty surprised he's struggled as he was excellent in a pretty meh team last year.

Perhaps it's an engrained thing at St Mirren at the moment, no disrespect intended, but very few players have joined you lot in the past couple of years and excelled.

Aggy's still a staunch Sons man at heart as well ;)

N When a player takes half a dozen touches in midfield to set himself for a 5 yard sideways pass, I'd call it a lack of ability thing rather than an ingrained to the club thing though. Can't defend, can't attack. Can hit a good dig but doesn't have the will to, or even to get in the position to.

Genuinely one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in the stripes. Andy Dow levels of bad.

Ryan Stevenson has left thistle.

Has always came across as a bit of a walloper over the years, granted I haven't seen him play in a year or so but id take him for us, even just till the end of the season.

He's played for two clubs already this season, so if you signed him he couldn't play until next season.

N When a player takes half a dozen touches in midfield to set himself for a 5 yard sideways pass, I'd call it a lack of ability thing rather than an ingrained to the club thing though. Can't defend, can't attack. Can hit a good dig but doesn't have the will to, or even to get in the position to.

Genuinely one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in the stripes. Andy Dow levels of bad.

With us he'd take a few touches onto his left, and then fire a big cross field ball to either full-back or winger. The ball that he played to Dargo here was the sort of thing he used to do pretty regularly for us as well. It sounds to me like his confidence is absolutely shot:

Archived