St.Mirren 2015/2016 thread

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thought of Jim in general gives me a semi.

Yup.

I think I posted a few pages back, (sorry for going a bit Football Manager), but I can imagine a beautiful, flowing, flexible narrow 4-4-2 that becomes a 3-5-2 when we're in possession, with the full backs pushing on (Carey would be ideal for this, TBH) and Jim sitting in slightly.

I have a vivid imagination.

More and more I think about it very happy with carswell, didn't play much last season, but he's got 96 appearances meaning he's played regularly in the team that finished very high up in the table, McCall must have rated him highly, bearing in mind he's only 21 and we've dropped a division should be a very good signing.

How about Dylan McGeough, can play wide right and is a free agent.

Would take him. Remember him scoring a worldy against us at Parkhead, seems to have gone downhill pretty rapidly since though.

Yep good early test for us against a side who will be looking to get up to competitive speed for the upcoming Europa League campaign.

Wonder how many buddies will make the trek...

Murray said he was looking for another five or six. He's also made comments that suggest he's going with a back four (looking for fullbacks to get forward, playing Kelly as the left of the two centre halves). Seems obvious to me what you do - and it doesn't involve signing Reilly or Barron.

Carswell is one of your six, a goalie is another. That leaves you with four. Sign a striker, sign someone like Carey who can play leftback and left mid, sign someone like Gary Miller who can play rightback and centre-half and then sign a right winger. Morgan and McLear can play wide.

Problem solved

Are you guys in for Gary Miller?

You could certainly do worse. Always filled in admirably when Mackay was out injured or moved into centre back. We tried Miller at centre back a few times and, to be honest, he wasn't great there. Certainly wouldn't have him beside a young lad as I think he'd probably need talked through the game a bit.

You could certainly do worse. Always filled in admirably when Mackay was out injured or moved into centre back. We tried Miller at centre back a few times and, to be honest, he wasn't great there. Certainly wouldn't have him beside a young lad as I think he'd probably need talked through the game a bit.

I would like to think that we might be interested in him or Balatoni. Depends on the budget and if one or both would drop down a level. We definitely need a centre half.

Was Balatoni not linked with a move to the English Championship about a month or two ago? Thought Partick Thistle also wanted to keep him. Would be quite the coup.

Not that I've heard, just threw it out there as I knew he was available and fitted the right back/centre half slot.

Archived