Motherwell vs Rangers - Playoff Final 2nd Leg

Celtic progressed through 3 qualifiers, progressed EL groups and reached knockout rounds.

Aberdeen progressed 2 rounds including beating Gronigen.

St Johnstone beat Lucern.

Your point?

Only 7 seasons ago Rangers reached the Europa Final and only three seasons ago Celtic were beating the brilliant Barcelona! The calibre of the players who played then will not be replaced with the same in coming seasons. That's my point! The quality of Scottish football is in free fall! Let's review in three seasons!

However thank you for your thoughts on the matter! Lol!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only 7 seasons ago Rangers reached the Europa Final and only three seasons ago Celtic were beating the brilliant Barcelona! The calibre of the players who played then will not be replaced with the same in coming seasons. That's my point! The quality of Scottish football is in free fall! Let's review in three seasons!

Celtic and Rangers are in freefall, everyone else is doing great. Now f**k off.

That Fletcher point is a beauty.

Like he would have a totally different opinion of Scottish football if Rangers Hibs St mirren and QotS made up a 16 team league instead of the laughing stock we have now

Like I said, Celtic and Dundee United brought about some big talking points during some of the games and as another poster pointed up, cup games made up three of these games.

You originally said Fletcher was linked with Celtic, even though Celtic had nothing to do with it. Your words, not mine. Besides, Celtic wouldn't be willing to break their wage structure for someone like Fletcher. Now unless you are will to offer some proof to your assurances.....

We are talking about the domestic football scene are we not?

Yes, shocking St Mirren, that lost 26 games.

Do you have his quote saying such things?

Do you have proof of the chairmen saying such things?

:lol::lol: :lol:

To clarify it was not Celtic as a club that put him off. It was Scottish football.

He said it about 5/6 months ago. Yes I have been in company of chairman when it has been said.

Only 7 seasons ago Rangers reached the Europa Final and only three seasons ago Celtic were beating the brilliant Barcelona! The calibre of the players who played then will not be replaced with the same in coming seasons. That's my point! The quality of Old Firm football is in free fall! Let's review in three seasons!

sorted

I am a bad loser too and although I don't condone Mohsni's actions I can understand them If he was so upset that he refused to shake your hand and told you to f*** off. You should just walk away appreciating what has just happened to his team over the last 90 mins and I appreciate Erwin is a young lad but we all know how Mohsni can react. To push him unexpectingly so aggressively in the back initiated the trouble and be prepared to defend yourself as I'm sure many many would have retaliated. May be not as severely as Mohsni but probably with at least a punch. We can all think of many incidents when players have lost the plot. Gawd Di Canio pushed the ref over! Zidanes head butt! Etc etc

Back to the match well done Motherwell. Probably had more luck than Rangers with three deflected goals and a pen however definitely better players and team over the two legs. Credit to Baraclough spot on with his tactics especially in the first leg.

For Rangers it's a definite rebuild and yes I would give McCall the job unless of course someone out there has much much better credentials.

If rumours are true that several teams are verging on administration and part time then the SPFL must act. This is not about StMirren Hibs Rangers QOS and add Falkirk and Raith. It's about keeping Scottish Football alive. I strongly believe if they don't increase the Premier as said some teams will not survive or if they do the quality of player they can afford will not be good enough to bring out enough interest from fans or as importantly sponsors.

Ok let's just say nil will go into administration. Do you think for instance a 16 team league with StMirren Rangers Hibs and QOS would be a better format than next season's 12. BT Sport play off deal was because Rangers were in the play offs. English player/ media ridicule Scottish football as it stands. Darren Fletcher was approached last season to sign for Celtic, nothing to do with Celic, but no way was he coming to play in Scotland. Playing teams four times. Gawd Celtic played Dundee Utd four times in consecutive matches and won them all! Boring boring boring boring! The present format is the demise of Scottish football. Even Strachan who is doing a great job with the Scotland team has said they must change the format.

:lol: GIRFUY.

Only 7 seasons ago Rangers reached the Europa Final

and only three seasons ago Celtic were beating the brilliant Barcelona! The calibre of the players who played then will not be replaced with the same in coming seasons. That's my point! The quality of Scottish football is in free fall! Let's review in three seasons!

Can't mind off the top of my head, but that swashbuckling run to Manchester.

How many games did the teddies win in 90 mins ?

So because Celtic can't spend the money they used to and because Rangers died, the rest of Scottish football is in free fall? Newsflash, the fans of the other clubs don't give a f**k, we're all doing fine.

Its that sort of talk you get from fans who've been watching Scotland's bottom divisions for the last few years. While you've been on the journey we've all been improving collectively and id say the standard of Scottish football is the best i've seen in my 11 years as a season ticket holder, I have never been excited about other Scottish teams until last season but I loved watching Dundee United with Gauld, Roberston et al. This season Aberdeen have really stepped it up and are the second best team in Scotland by some distance, furthermore ICT have been sensational.

Looking onto next season I'm excited to see what it brings, we have 6 very good sides and it will be intriguing to see how Hearts do, Aberdeen might think they have that second spot secured but im sure Hearts will be after them within the next few years imo that along with the challenges of St Johnstone and Dundee United we'll see the strongest top 6 we've had for decades.

To clarify it was not Celtic as a club that put him off. It was Scottish football.

He said it about 5/6 months ago. Yes I have been in company of chairman when it has been said.

:lol::lol:

You complete and utter spanner.

Fantastic day.

Never felt nerves like it today and it's safe to say I am now a complete drunken mess.

We turned up and did the job again and despite our woeful season, I'm proud of these players.

It's a great feeling to drub these manky c***s and consign them to another season of misery.

A special mention to No.8, Tedi and of course ThePundit, enjoy another season in the wee league you tramps.

Archived