St Johnstone in Europe 2015/16

Steve McQueen

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some points on this Armenian lot.

Armenia barely has a league. There is a nationwide second tier (8 teams), which normally only contains the 8 reserve teams of the first tier (8 teams).

Alashkert FC was only founded in 2011. If they played any football in 2011-12, it was regional. They won the second tier in 2012-13, got promoted and finished bottom of tier one in 2013-14. They only qualified because they finished 4th out of 8 this season and Pyunik won the double.

Their average attendance last season was 257 and this season (to halfway) was 444. They have never played in Europe before.

In addition Armenia plays an August-May season, and last season their champions were put out of CL by a team from Andorra.

In short - you should pump them sideways.

Nice wee trip from Yerevan to Almaty:

http://www.goldeneagleluxurytrains.com/journeys/caspian-odyssey/eastbound/

You might have to sell your tractors though.

Or keep them and train to Baku via Tbilisi, ferry to Aktau and train/plane to Almaty. I'm fucking jealous, could have been Falkirk if they hadn't changed the rules.

I thought seeded teams played at home first, no?

The suits making the draw had 3 fruit bowls in front of them, one each for the seeded and non seeded teams balls with the third one, in the middle, empty. They took a ball out of each bowl, placed it in the empty one, shoogled them around a bit and the first ball they drew was the home team for the first leg.

It was only a few years ago that Shamrock Rovers knocked Partizan Belgrade out, who were the champions at the time. Survive the away leg and you'll have a great chance (I'm presuming you're going to pump the Armenian mob).

And your presuming Red Star beat the Kazakhstan mob.

Archived