Petrofac Training Cup 2015-16 - First Round

Interestingly, the only clubs to have achieved tier 2 doubles are:

East Fife (1947-48) - actually a treble as also won League Cup

Clyde (1951-52)

Falkirk (1993-94 & 2004-05)

Inverness (2003-04)

St Mirren (2005-06)

Queen of the South won tier 3 and the Challenge Cup in 2012-13.

Stirling Albion won a tier 3 double in 1946-47, winning C Division and C Division League Cup.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interestingly, the only clubs to have achieved tier 2 doubles are:

Inverness (2003-04)

Our 2nd best ever season after this one IMO. We were briliant.

Does it stay regionalised all the way up to and including the semis? If so, quite tempted by Falkirk at 16-1 E/W as they don't have to come up against Sevco, Hibs or Clyde before the final.

Raith at 20s might be okay too.

Does it stay regionalised all the way up to and including the semis? If so, quite tempted by Falkirk at 16-1 E/W as they don't have to come up against Sevco, Hibs or Clyde before the final.

Raith at 20s might be okay too.

No, 1st 2 rounds only

From a Berwick perspective we barely have any players at the moment - so a home tie against the easiest opposition possible would be desirable and given the strength of our region that would be someone like Clyde, Annan or perhaps Edinburgh City.

From the point of view of interest I'd love to see Edinburgh City get a home draw against someone like Rangers or Hibs... I think the record attendance at Meadowbank is around 4,000 set in Meadowbank Thistle's opening match. It'd be great for City to break it and to see it closer to full.

This and the League Cup are free on the Rovers Season Ticket this season, so I'll be attending.

How does that work? Surely away teams are entitled to half the gate money I can't see them being happy at getting half of nothing.

From a Berwick perspective we barely have any players at the moment - so a home tie against the easiest opposition possible would be desirable and given the strength of our region that would be someone like Clyde, Annan or perhaps Edinburgh City.

From the point of view of interest I'd love to see Edinburgh City get a home draw against someone like Rangers or Hibs... I think the record attendance at Meadowbank is around 4,000 set in Meadowbank Thistle's opening match. It'd be great for City to break it and to see it closer to full.

Would City be allowed to play Hibs or Rangers at the Stadium though, Meadowbank Thistle weren't.

How does that work? Surely away teams are entitled to half the gate money I can't see them being happy at getting half of nothing.

It is based on attendance, rather than the total takings, something like 75 % of the crowd is assumed to payed the adult rate and 25% the concession, doesn't matter if someone got in for free or not, as far as the away club is concerned.

Last time we played in this we won it.

Indeed, we also won the second tier title in the same season. A diddy double if you will.

A double that no team has achieved since.

:)

Last time we played in this we won it.

Indeed, we also won the second tier title in the same season. A diddy double if you will.

A double that no team has achieved since.

:)

Infact, didn't you win the 'Diddy Quadruple' of SFL1, Bells Cup, Renfrewshire Cup & Reserve League Cup?

Infact, didn't you win the 'Diddy Quadruple' of SFL1, Bells Cup, Renfrewshire Cup & Reserve League Cup?

I defer to your superior knowledge HJ :D

Archived