Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usedtogotocentralpark come on plenty better options thn pat scullion tht we could have in our squad he would struggle to get a game for kelty hearts nowadays if we have any intention on going up next season thn players like scullion an Kane shouldn't even be considerd tbh..

I received reply from the club regarding sponsorship.

Thank you for your e-mail.

The cost of sponsorship is £100 + vat (plus an additional £25 + vat for match worn shirt at end of season).

The total cost is therefore £150.

I would love to be Big Nishy's sponsor but the total cost together with my season ticket is higher than my budget.

Is there anyone want to be a sponsor of Nish?

Rie what do you mean - you can only afford to sponsor Colin if it was cheaper or you have already spent all your budget on your season ticket?

Usedtogotocentralpark come on plenty better options thn pat scullion tht we could have in our squad he would struggle to get a game for kelty hearts nowadays if we have any intention on going up next season thn players like scullion an Kane shouldn't even be considerd tbh..

We have an arrangement with Pat which suits him and the club. There is basically no issue here worthy of any fuss.

Not happy with quality of players we are signing? Then we need to get cash flowing into the club to allow us to compete!

Meeting with Supporters Council representatives tonight and pencilled in for open meeting with all fans a week on Thursday at Central Park. Will see if manager can come along at start (maybe not as training night and haven't discussed it with him). That meeting will see full launch and sign up for Supporters Council, launch of Roof Fall scheme, launch of Bonus Ball scheme, details of metrics to be used to show progress, etc. That really will mark the point where real solid commitment is called for

Not happy with quality of players we are signing? Then we need to get cash flowing into the club to allow us to compete!

Is it even up and running? Still doesn't excuse poor signings though. Even if Chris Kane is on £50 a week there would be better options than him out there.

The old managers fund thingy. I see Forfar run a similar scheme.

Do you have the season ticket sales from the 2 years prior in the Championship (stayed up v Hamilton and the Pars seasons) and the year we won Leage 1?

Not to hand - info is held at CP

The fund raising efforts are a fan initiative - I have really been helping with advice. To do things right though takes a bit of time - it is not just a simple Managers Fund aka please send money arrangement. The budget has been set with the involvement of fans and delivery is dependent on delivery of a targeted range of additional income. It is vital for the club that everyone plays a part.

There will I expect be an open meeting at CP a week on Thursday where as many fans as possible are requested to come along. John and the fans group will provide more details but there are various ideas and initiatives. Meeting will allow for

1. An update

2. Formal sign up of as many fans as possible to Supporters Council - all fans are being asked to join - costs nothing but will be main vehicle for club/fan regular liaison and communication - the Committee of the Council will regularly have formal meetings with Board/Manager. Council needs to establish constituencies who then vote for Committee Members - constituencies might be for example each Supporters Club, Adult Season Ticket Holders, Concession season ticket holders, 100 club members, Shareholders, disabled fans, etc.

3. Launch of Roof Fall - an umbrella term for all fund raising to aid the club's cashflow and day to day operations including the playing budget. Like 100 club you can make regular donations (min £20 probably) or lump sums plus any money raised from other fundraisers. This money is then regularly donated by the Supporters Council to the club. The money raised initially goes into what is called the Roof Fall Fund. There are various proposed incentives for members e.g discount for club shop, the Willie Nellies Memorial 50/50 X'mas draw, shares in the club, representing the Supporters Council on a matchday in the Boardroom - these are being worked up and over time other aspects can be added to the package.

4. The Blue Brazil Bonus Ball Bonanza - a lottery style scheme for 49 members who pay say £10 or £20 or £30 per month for a numbered ball in National Lottery c 33% of money subscribed goes to monthly winner - double at Xmas. Profit goes to Roof Fall fund.

5. Metrics will be established for 10 key areas and published - these would include Season Ticket sales, Advertising & Sponsorship - baseline budget figures have been set and any monies generated beyond these figures in each category will be viewed as equivalent to further money generated by Roof Fall

That is a quick run through of some of the elements - lots of work in pulling all this together and setting it up plus running it - it is not a back of an envelope hasty job and needs clear communication which the fans involved will work up.

Rie what do you mean - you can only afford to sponsor Colin if it was cheaper or you have already spent all your budget on your season ticket?

I mean 360 pounds (the total of 150 pounds to be a sponsor and season ticket 210 pounds) is a bit expensive for me.

I just wondered if someone would like to share to be a sponsor for Colin Nish. For example, another person can take match worn shirt at end of season, and I take my name to be the sponsor for website and match programme. :unsure:

Stranraer at home first game of the season before playing at East End the week after. Tough couple opening games.

Big boxing day fixture at Central Park as we take on Albion Rovers! 2nd Jan we are back at East End.

We finish away to Stranraer.

Oh my - season ticket sales are quite poor so far - maybe see what happens at the start of the month - suppose a few people might be waiting until they get paid.

Not sure if this idea would work but as an alternative to a season ticket how's about letting people buy their match day tickets in June and July for a discount?

Let's say that the current discount on an adult season ticket is about 17% against walk up price then why not maybe pitch buy your ticket in advance for a slightly smaller discount and make it say:

£12.50 adult

£13.50 adult + 1 child

£14.50 adult + 2 children, etc

Available as a bundle of 5,10,15

So for an adult buying 15 that would be £187.50. Not sure if the admin overhead makes it worth it though.

62 ! That's embarrassing.

All the people on here going on about we should sign x and y. How many of them have bought a season. Where do they think the money comes from ?

Try to take into consideration that the Tooth Fairy doesn't stick money under our pillows either.

It's all very well saying "give us your fucking money" Bob Geldoff style but some of us just don't have it. I'm saving for a house deposit and skint as skint can be. Am I less of a Cowden fan cos I haven't bought a season ticket yet?

Archived