Cowdenbeath FC 2015/16

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to argre with the above. The whole 'Im a better fan than you' attitude needs to be stopped as does the 'if you havent donated shut up' otherwise it's going to be a long season.

No - this season folk need to do their bit if they can and the cash to run the club won't just appear out of thin air. I hardly think an attitude of 'don't ever mention money' or not reporting on what a large section of fans have already agreed needs to be done to help the club will do CFC any good. Neither of those two claims you make have been made by anyone so cut out the propaganda. Its a simple fact - the club needs fans to raise cash to fund its operations - no-one has put down or will put down fans who cant afford to contribute more than they already do.

No one is saying dont mention money, by all means. But 'dont moan about signings if you havent contributed' has been mentioned a couple of times. It's not an attitude that we should be adopting and all it will do is create divides. We should be bringing everyone together with one common goal.

The huge reduction in season ticket sales highlights how badly wrong the club (everyone) got it wrong last season.

If people can only afford to pay for their entrance on a week by week basis then so be it, that's more than enough from. They shouldn't be made to feel worse or inferior than other fans.

No - this season folk need to do their bit if they can and the cash to run the club won't just appear out of thin air. I hardly think an attitude of 'don't ever mention money' or not reporting on what a large section of fans have already agreed needs to be done to help the club will do CFC any good. Neither of those two claims you make have been made by anyone so cut out the propaganda. Its a simple fact - the club needs fans to raise cash to fund its operations - no-one has put down or will put down fans who cant afford to contribute more than they already do.

62 ! That's embarrassing.

All the people on here going on about we should sign x and y. How many of them have bought a season. Where do they think the money comes from ?

I would say that is a put down.

Comparing season tickets sales from this year to last year is pretty pointless to be honest. We all know that the large majority of season ticket holders last year never have been and never will be season ticket holders again.

As someone mentioned earlier, a more valid comparison would be the season we won the second division.

Why isn't our 62 v Dunfermline's 1600 (15 June) and Raith's 800 (11 May) a meaningful comparison when adjusted for average support levels? 2011/12 was before we won the 2nd Division championship and had 3 years in the Championship - that actually contrary to rumour has increased our supporter base. That is how it works - every period of success boosts the longer term fanbase - thus most fans my age were 69/70 fans, then you have 2001 fans, 2006 fans an dthis later era. The club and fans have sent out clear messages re the importance of season ticket sales this particular season - it is not business as usual or 2011/12.

No one is saying dont mention money, by all means. But 'dont moan about signings if you havent contributed' has been mentioned a couple of times. It's not an attitude that we should be adopting and all it will do is create divides. We should be bringing everyone together with one common goal.

The huge reduction in season ticket sales highlights how badly wrong the club (everyone) got it wrong last season.

If people can only afford to pay for their entrance on a week by week basis then so be it, that's more than enough from. They shouldn't be made to feel worse or inferior than other fans.

Well that's what happens on websites such as this fans have differing views and argue with each other - surprisingly you and I don't always agree but I accept that and don't take it personally. I don't believe I have slagged off any fans myself but I wont shy away from financial facts. We just don't have the luxury of just continuing to look back at 2014/15 if we want to get anywhere. Bear in mind it is the fans at the recent meetings (over 100 at one of them) who accepted the importance of driving season ticket sales as we agreed the budgets

Why isn't our 62 v Dunfermline's 1600 (15 June) and Raith's 800 (11 May) a meaningful comparison when adjusted for average support levels? 2011/12 was before we won the 2nd Division championship and had 3 years in the Championship - that actually contrary to rumour has increased our supporter base. That is how it works - every period of success boosts the longer term fanbase - thus most fans my age were 69/70 fans, then you have 2001 fans, 2006 fans an dthis later era. The club and fans have sent out clear messages re the importance of season ticket sales this particular season - it is not business as usual or 2011/12.

On the 17th of June we had sold 1649.

Try to take into consideration that the Tooth Fairy doesn't stick money under our pillows either.

It's all very well saying "give us your fucking money" Bob Geldoff style but some of us just don't have it. I'm saving for a house deposit and skint as skint can be. Am I less of a Cowden fan cos I haven't bought a season ticket yet?

Got to argre with the above. The whole 'Im a better fan than you' attitude needs to be stopped as does the 'if you havent donated shut up' otherwise it's going to be a long season.

Im in the same boat Had two vet bills for my cats which have taken the cash pencilled in for buying a season ticket. so it will be the end of the month for me

Since I started this, can I at least try to explain. I did not intend to belittle anyone. If they cannot afford a season ticket, that's fine, they are every bit as much as a supporter as me or anyone else.

For those that can afford it, it would be good for the club and for bringing in players if they could buy as early as possible as that obviously helps the club identify additional revenue that can be directed to playing staff.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Since I started this, can I at least try to explain. I did not intend to belittle anyone. If they cannot afford a season ticket, that's fine, they are every bit as much as a supporter as me or anyone else.

For those that can afford it, it would be good for the club and for bringing in players if they could buy as early as possible as that obviously helps the club identify additional revenue that can be directed to playing staff.

Apologies for any offence caused.

Well said. i dont normally buy season ticket but to try and help the club i will this year but it wont be till pay day sadly.

For me dont matter if you or dont still a Cowden fan

Let's draw a line under this "those who do and those who don't" scenario that's unravelling here.

Our common bond is Cowdenbeath FC, our common ambition is to see the team perform well and get back to the championship.

I've said before and I stand by it, if you can give the club £1 or £1000 more than you normally would, it's a step in the right direction. There are too few of us for all this separatist nonsense.

absolutely.

cant afford a season ticket,live 150 miles away,work every 2nd weekend;therefore wont be buying one.a couple of times some years back when we were in this division I bought the 50/50 books where you paid for entry to 50% of games,unfortunately they don't seem to do these anymore,at least they didn't mention them a few weeks ago when season ticket details were released.

think the block of tickets idea is good,wouldnt even be bothered if it offered no discount to gate prices.

great to finally have fixtures to look forward to,sure it sounds sad but always an exciting time of the year planning the trips!

Im in the same boat Had two vet bills for my cats which have taken the cash pencilled in for buying a season ticket. so it will be the end of the month for me

Fucking vets bills

If u had bought me a pint, I'd have tied it in a bag wi bricks and fired it in the loch 4 u

Do you think you can hit 80 season ticket sales by the start of the season or is that being too ambitious?

When you see the figures and the truth, it really hits home the enormity of embarrassment for you townies. Humiliated by a village team with a budget less than 1 MP's expenses.

Fucking vets bills

If u had bought me a pint, I'd have tied it in a bag wi bricks and fired it in the loch 4 u

You would do anything for a pint Vince.

Even better he should have sold the cat to the local Chinese restaurant to help fund his season book.

Archived