Words that make you cross

Someone just said "Gosh" to me. They were English it has to be said but that's still no excuse.

It was just a film - Hugh Grant wasn't really talking to you, just his simpering romantic interest.

Weirdo

I absolutely detest the use of the word "weirdo"

Is there a more ignorant and generalising word than weirdo. If anybody has a mental health issue or deviates slightly from what society terms as normal. They are judged to be a weirdo. Which probably in turn leads to more mental health issues. Can you imagine how many lone wolf killers who go on shooting sprees killing people because their classmates or friends has classed them a weirdo. The word has the ability to cast people out to the outskirts of society.

When we were at school anybody who was a goth was weirdo or anybody who was gay was weirdo or anybody who took drugs was a weirdo. Of course they are not we were just being ignorant as children.

So there it is.

Weirdo

Horrible, ignorant, negative, c**t of a word who has no place in my vocabulary.

Is it just mental health based insults you have a problem with?

"I turned round and said"

No you fucking didn't. And if you did turn around and say something, you couldn't have been liking at the person you were having a conversation with, you ignorant p***k.

Jesus, there's some folk who can't recount conversations without everybody involved constantly turning round like spinning tops. Unfortunately, they don't tend to act it out, as that would at least be amusing.

Is it just mental health based insults you have a problem with?

Nah, the use of the word weirdo in general. I know most folk are just having a laugh and of course people are free to use any word they want. But personally I don't use it. Its negative and small minded. I'm a true believer in positive thinking life's better that way

• 2 months later...

I support adults with learning disabilities and I hear words all the time that annoy me. I'm probably worse because I'm getting annoyed on someone else's behalf.

I took a lad to a supported holiday and someone I spoke to called it respite. Well no, he's on holiday, you don't go to ibiza with your friends for a weeks respite do you?

Retardation and all forms of the word, there's nothing positive going on there so just leave it alone. I include it because it still is used, although rarely, to describe someone's capacity.

Just the other day a lady said to me while I was out with one of the guys "he understands everything you say to him, it's braw" I know that's a sentence but it still annoys.