Words that make you cross

The superfluous "of" in "off of". I presume it's part of the creeping spread of Cockneyisms, spread by our love of trash TV and deification of semi literate, vacuous cretins. It maybe spread from the American "offa", as in "get offa that horse".

Example "Oh look, there's that Jeremy Kyle off of the telly".

War chest when referring to transfer funds available..... f**k off

At least there's only one club in Scotland uses that phrase, although I'm not sure they don't mean it literally :shutup

Example "Oh look, there's that Jeremy Kyle off of the telly".

Where? And, did you make sure he was properly dead?

At least there's only one club in Scotland uses that phrase, although I'm not sure they don't mean it literally :shutup

Where? And, did you make sure he was properly dead?

The slabs are not the most level but overall I'm pleased with my new patio.

People who use the words 'stood' and 'sat' with 'was' should be butchered. I was sat, no you weren't, you were sitting. Cretins.

What if they're sat sitting their SATs? :o

"not"

I just omitted it in error from an important e-mail that I've just sent at work and, of course, the whole thrust of the e-mail sounds like a loada pish and gives the totally opposite meaning to what I was trying to say.

Beer beckons at 5.00pm

"not"

I just omitted it in error from an important e-mail that I've just sent at work and, of course, the whole thrust of the e-mail sounds like a loada pish and gives the totally opposite meaning to what I was trying to say.

Beer beckons at 5.00pm

"Look, I've heard what you've all been saying around the office, and I did not shag the CEO's wife at the AGM..."