Words that make you cross

And 'won't' - the apostrophe works for 'would not', but not for 'will not'.

Thought so:

People often leave the apostrophe out of “won’t,” meaning “will not.” “Wont” is a completely different and rarely used word meaning “habitual custom.”

As in "Paranoid Android is wont to give erroneous grammatical advice."

Edited by welshbairn

Scum, subhuman scum.

I get asked to do a lot of 'bespoke' work that isn't bespoke. Its like someone thinks it is actual worktype rather than an adjective

In my defence I was talking about 90s football kits being designed exclusively for that club. Should have gone with exclusively.

Graze. I don't mean a skint knee. I'm talking about people who order the dregs of a fruit n fibre box online.

Oh, they are chronically awful. I love all that grainy stuff - muesli, trail mix, all that shite. I don't know how they manage to make theirs taste so foul, but credit to them, they manage it.

Not much of a business model, but hey ho.

Word.

To your mother.

Wonder if Vanilla Ice uses this on the neighbourhood kids now that he's all middle-aged and even uncooler? "I'll be having a word to your mother about you playing on my lawn, young lady!"

Still a bit concerned about Ice Cube's choice of friends with that whole "word to the motherfucker" thing, though :wacko: