The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

26 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can't play trialists in the league cup, unfortunately.

Edit to add - just ignore me, just seen you don't play in the league cup on Tuesday so must be a friendly your talking about :lol:

Yeah we are playing a Swansea 21s side :)

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Can't play trialists in the league cup, unfortunately.

Edit to add - just ignore me, just seen you don't play in the league cup on Tuesday so must be a friendly your talking about :lol:

You can play up to two triallists in the first round (group stages) of the league cup.

In the First Round only, each Club shall be entitled to play, or list as a named substitute, up to a maximum of two Trialists, despite the Trialists not being registered in terms of Scottish Professional Football League Regulations provided the Trialists are otherwise eligible to do so.

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

You can play up to two triallists in the first round (group stages) of the league cup.

No, you can't. But feel free to do so. ;)

Don't know where you got your quote from but you've never been able to play trialists in the League Cup. You used to be able to play them in the Challenge Cup 1st round but can't now either. I presume your quote is from last season's Challenge Cup rules.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

16 minutes ago, Sonsteam of 08 said:

Did Stefan McCluskey leave you lot at the end of the season, or was that just rumoured? I'd forgotten he existed until he popped up on Twitter.

Yeah he left. The last I heard he was on trial at Barrow. 

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The rules do seem to be unequivocally clear on that front:

Trialists are not under any circumstances eligible to Play for a Club in a League Match in Divisions One and Two or League Cup Match

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthespfl_1375800603.pdf

22 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't know where you got your quote from but you've never been able to play trialists in the League Cup. You used to be able to play them in the Challenge Cup 1st round but can't now either. I presume your quote is from last season's Challenge Cup rules.

I got it from what I thought was the most up to date rules, that are on the SPFL website.

http://spfl.co.uk/docs/067_324__therulesofthescottishprofessionalfootballleagueasat19january2016_1461332495.pdf

However, it would appear that it's the challenge cup, I was looking at.

72. Trialists are not eligible to Play for a Club in League Matches in the Premiership and in the Championship, League Cup Matches, Matches in the Challenge Cup, other than Matches in round one of that Competition, League Matches in any Season on or after 1 April in that Season and in Play-Off Matches and otherwise and subject to compliance with the Rules and Regulations Trialists are eligible to Play in Official Matches.

18 hours ago, Cowshed118 said:

Couldnt make the game tonight as i was working late, believe the trialist was Emile Sinclair, how dod he do? And how did Samuel play?

Sinclair apparently missed two easy one-on-one chances, but I guess at least he was in the right position to miss them ;)

IMG_1469743319.251247.jpg

Dumbartons poty last season i understand

He was our YPOTY but I actually voted for him for the main POTY award as well.

A right good player who has bags of energy, will win the ball back and is neat with his passing. The only thing missing is chipping in with a few goals but I don't think that's his game.

Pretty gutted we didn't get him back, take care of our sweet Jamie :(