The Greenock Morton Thread - It's Better Than Yours

50 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

You hate that stuff where victims of sexual abuse stand up together and speak out against it?

You're a proper wrong 'un.

It's ok.  He'll backtrack and apologise. Probably blame alcohol and it'll be fine.

Watched the Motherwell highlights. Scored some good goals but Ross Co looked poor.

Not sure how that will affect us on Friday.

Sharpen our focus as they are not as poor as form guide shows?

We still benefit from mid week aches ?

Give them an over confidence boost ?

Increase the number of Motherwell fans making the trip adding to the under the lights atmosphere?

Anyway looking forward to it, get into them Morton.

Both teams coming off a 5-0 win will surely boost the attendance a little, so that'll be good for the money and atmosphere.

Need to get Oakley and Muirhead signed up for next season so that they get to play them another four times.

https://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/24103369.dougie-imrie-blasts-mortons-disrespectful-rivals/

AGaJwxW60SwD.gif.52752efcf2edcf0cadbde7e04f59c47f.gif

“Some people out there, within our game and even in our division, have said some stuff that motivates me.

“I enjoy that. That gives me my edge and that’s the way I was brought up, to always have something like that to motivate you.

“Even as a player, I played on the edge. But this award has probably given me the biggest smile out of the ones that were already on the mantlepiece.

“There have been some comments made throughout the season from one or two individuals in our division, who we’re due to play soon, that have been very disrespectful towards Morton.

“I think people forget that they play each other four times a season, but you always get your day.

“Hopefully that day isn’t too far around the corner.”

He can only really be talking about someone involved with Airdrie or Raith here, having not played Queen's Park since Davidson took over. Fully in favour of him going in two-footed on Murray or McCabe in celebration if we beat either of them.

I'd imagine Goodwin's involved in that too for his latest snotfest at Tannadice. Couldn't love Imrie more right now. Handing out pasting after pasting, winning manager of the month then going to the papers to say 'get it up you' to everyone else and rightly so. 

Still baffles me how rattled the rest of the league are over our style of play, we actually play some decent stuff at times and even when we don't we've still been scoring more goals than the team we're playing against, which is the whole point of football.

Don't usually listen too much to Goodwin and won't be listening to his views after our last win in Dundee.

Had tuned into the radio on the way back expecting positive comment on us shafting the promotion favourites only to hear his rant which nearly resulted in my last Morton game as so angry I nearly crashed into the cars in front of me who had stopped at a red light, which matched my face. Thank fu#k for auto brake technology.

Pity the BBC don't have Goodwin auto cancel tech.

You lot must be glad Imrie does not seem to be getting mentioned for the RC job, especially as he went through Adam's recent tenure unbeaten (over 90 mins anyway).

Glad to see Dougie call out some of the comments from other teams. Don't mind him building that 'everyone against us' like mentality as it'll drive the staff, players and fans on.

4 minutes ago, btb said:

You lot must be glad Imrie does not seem to be getting mentioned for the RC job, especially as he went through Adam's recent tenure unbeaten (over 90 mins anyway).

I was surprised he wasnt in the frame for the job but delighted at the same time.

He's going to get offers eventually and when he does he'll go with the good wishes of most morton fans I reckon.