What's the most amount of money you've found?

I found a 20 poond note outside Dundee union once, the highest I've ever found. Also found a soggy tenner in a puddle and a fiver under a rock before. Strange. Also found a tenner in the gents in spoons next to skid marks cause some c**t shat all over the floor and had hauled his jeans down to shit everywhere.

Finding notes on the ground is a great feeling. What's the most you've found?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a kid my brother once found an old ten Bob note (50p for the uninitiated) in the street. As was usually done in those days we handed it in to the police and thought no more about it. Six months later the police gave it back to him as nobody had came forward to claim it.

I worked in the Strathclyde Union briefly. Regularly found £10 and £5 notes.

Don't think I've found more than that.

A kiddie I went to school with once found £185 in £5 notes behind the garages at the back of his house. His Dad made him hand it in to the Police. He was sick. Three months later (might have been a bit longer), the Police got in touch saying no one has claimed it and it was his. He put it towards buying a PS2 when they first came out.

Lucky b*****d.

Walking to work one day, there were a couple of teenagers a few yards in front of me, close enough that I could hear them bragging to each other about how rich they were. One of them attempted to demonstrate his profligacy by fishing a twenty pound note out of his pocket and flinging it into the air, which they both found quite amusing. I stepped on the twenty and waited for them to turn the corner at the end of the street before picking it up, as I was convinced that they'd turn back for it at some point. They didn't, so I took it with me and donated it to the charity I worked for at the time, as it felt more than a little weird to be keeping money chucked away by kids whose parents had done such a shocking job with their upbringing.

Aside from that, I found a pound coin among the trolleys at a branch of Safeway back in the mid-Eighties when they were still pretty uncommon :thumsup2

I found 20 quid in great junction street a few months back . I suppose I was suspicious picking it up as anyone would be , there were two kids that were a few yards away that looked back and I got all paranoid but I still stuck it away in my pocket .. When I got back home I put my hand back in my pocket , could feel then it was a fake and when I opened it up it said hahaha idiot on it .

I didn't let this get me down and in turn planted it outside the flat and me and the Mrs sat at the window watching, in frustration as nobody saw it. We both looked away for a bit then it must have blown away and we couldn't see it and the game was up.

Found a £20 note in the smoking area of a pub but had to split it with a girl I was talking to because she was standing on top of it and I thought leaning down to touch her foot might look a bit suspect.

I also found 2000 pesetas in the sea a long time ago when I were a nipper - I'm not sure exactly how much this was in pounds but it felt like a fortune at the time.

Found a £50 next to the wheel of my car once, assumed it was fake and chucked it in the ashtray, imagine my surprise when I got a £50 as part of a present (grandad always does £50 notes in cards) and it was the same style of note.

Promptly retrieved from ashtray and added to wallet

Do stories about money you've lost count too? Considering that someone somewhere obviously found it...

My mum left her purse in the old ladies' lavvy in the Stirling Thistle Centre once - had £600 in it because she was about to pay the rent and bills. Surprisingly, nobody handed it in to the authorities :rolleyes:

£20.00 in real money. But on the train one day I could see a £20.00 note sitting. I managed to get my fat arse over it and shifting around slipped it in to my pocket, without as I thought, any one noticing. Got off, cock a hoop making plans for spending my windfall. Got it out and it was a fake with a message from Jesus about re - considering my life choices and morality. I think Jesus is a c**t to play such a mean trick on me.

I did have bit of a laugh leaving it near my desk at work and watching folk trying to get it without being noticed.

Found £80 in tenners rolled up in an elastic band under one of the browsers when I was working in a record shop many years ago. Obviously no indication of where it came from, and I defo wasn’t going to hand it over to the manager who I knew would have just trousered it himself and said someone had come in to claim it, so I hung onto it.

If someone had come in asking if it had been found I would genuinely have handed it back – just looked at the online inflation calculator, and it’s about £250-worth these days – but I held onto it for a week or so with no takers.

Archived