What's the most amount of money you've found?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The time I took someone's money out of the machine I did it only to give to the person. Was just my first reaction, to take the money out and return it. But when you can't find them and you're stuck with this money in your hand, what you gonna do? You're going to go down the pub aren't you?

If I was in the same situation again I'd just wait for the money to go back in the machine so they aren't at a loss.

Then again, doing it once is maybe okay. You learn from your mistakes, so maybe next time the idiot who left without their cash will learn to be less of a scatter brain and take a moment to think that someone (me) is probably having a jolly old time spending their money.

The ticket machine at the train station randomly spat out £1 yesterday whilst I was halfway through the process of purchasing a ticket. Once I finally got my ticket, I nonchalantly glanced in every direction. Nobody was watching. I slyly picked up the coin and put it in my wallet. No questions asked.

Bought a broadsheet newspaper, The Times, in a shop in Wishaw about 20 years ago.

When I unfolded the paper later at home, three brand new £20 notes fell out. They had been folded around the paper with the insert.

The ticket machine at the train station randomly spat out £1 yesterday whilst I was halfway through the process of purchasing a ticket. Once I finally got my ticket, I nonchalantly glanced in every direction. Nobody was watching. I slyly picked up the coin and put it in my wallet. No questions asked.

It's all coming out now. Scum; subhuman scum.

Tales of mugging and bank robbery before the week's out IMO.

I have a deep mistrust of guys who keep their change in their wallet.

Men who keep coins in a wallet are not to be trusted.

Just to be clear about my trustworthiness, I always keep my change in the appropriate compartment in my wallet.

GIRUY.

This is the correct way to keep change.

Why have you got such a raging boner for bookies?

He definitely works in a bookies or something, it's a weird position for someone with no connection to take.

The most I've ever found was £20 at Rugby Park the night we played Burnley and Clarke Carlisle scored a belter of an own goal for us to win 1-0. Found the note just as I was walking past the first aid and control room, picked it up and had a quick swatch to see if anyone had dropped it. After about ten seconds I figured it was mine and I went on to spend it on one pound vodkas and gins at Oceans with the rest of the lads that night. I miss Thursday nights out...

Why, when you have a perfectly good wallet with a designated area for coins, would you throw them into your pocket? That's just messy. These kind of people will no doubt have loads of change lying on their car floors and underneath their car seats.

There appear to be an astonishing amount of heterosexual males admitting to carrying a purse here.

I used to have a large wallet that one mate unkindly called a purse.

But regardless of whether it was a purse or wallet, I still carried about my change in my pocket.

Archived