Parking fines

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If you really were that much of an expert and wanted to stick your neck out I’m sure you could ask the OP to DM you the details/paperwork so you could work your legal magic.  You haven’t done that of course.  

You really are a f*cking moron, aren't you.

7 hours ago, lichtgilphead said:

Feel free to PM me with whatever you have recieved if you are not sure.

@Left Back tbf I just asked for some sound advice and some thoughts on the matter, doesn't mean I'm going to use them.

A quite appropriate saying but, let's just park it for now. Don't want this spilling over onto the Heads Gone thread ffs.

I appreciate the input from everyone who has been trying to give out genuine advice, it has certainly given me much more confidence in my plans.

I will let you all know how I get on.

Peace and love brothers.

Just now, Derry Alli said:

@johnnydun, you're from drehbruh, nobody from drehbruh attends Court. Rubber them, dodge the polis! Dont let the scheme down!

Me, the Mrs and the boys have taken over the scheme since arriving.

The new King of Drehbruh since Kyle Falconer left.

After this the polis will be letting us park anywhere.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The new King of Drehbruh since Kyle Falconer left.

He must have shacked up in the Ferry/Monifieth. He's always wandering about down there. He's certainly become more grounded since the band split. Either thar or he remembers me standing laughing at my mate boot shite out three of them. 

Excellent, measured, expert advice from lichtgilphead, here.

It's baffling that anyone could read his contribution any other way. Although I sense there's some history, here.

10 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

He must have shacked up in the Ferry/Monifieth. He's always wandering about down there. He's certainly become more grounded since the band split. Either thar or he remembers me standing laughing at my mate boot shite out three of them. 

He was on a documentary recently and it looks like he's in the Ferry, I've seen one of the others dotting about Lochee. 

Looks like. @johnnydun get sent to Perths finest.

Hey, bro. I not allow. Just sell the car, get on plane to Thailand. 

You can live with me, for a few month, get yourself away from all the trouble.

We will have to share a bed, I'm cool with that. 

Option mate, always here for everyone

Edited by SlipperyP

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

In terms of the general point of private car parks, is it reasonable to give someone a £100+ invoice for overstaying in a free car park whilst they are shopping, for example?

This isn't about businesses claiming reasonable costs from 'irresponsible' parking on their premises,  its mostly predatory parking firms financially incentivising car park owners to allow them to manage the car park and chasing down every penny they can for profit.

23 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This isn't about businesses claiming reasonable costs from 'irresponsible' parking on their premises,  its mostly predatory parking firms financially incentivising car park owners to allow them to manage the car park and chasing down every penny they can for profit.

Doesnt the law say thats all they are entitled to actually claim though?

18 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Doesnt the law say thats all they are entitled to actually claim though?

Isn’t their point is they are claiming for breach of contract which gives them more security, the argument being you agreed you’d pay them £120 if you  don’t leave within 2 hours and therefore it is reasonable to charge you that on minute 121,  not that you cost them £120 by staying that minute.