When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

45 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

The result of the EU referendum isn't something to "whinge" about for me. The you voted against Independence, take what you're given type statements are actually fair enough in all honesty. All it does is reinforce for me exactly why being a tiny fraction of this electorate isn't a very good idea. If the pre-Referendum lies that you're repeating there can be used as an excuse to correct our mistake, great. If not, we haven't been hard done by.

What lies? Are you are referring to Scotland have to leave the EU as well as the UK after a Yes victory in IndyRef? If so, read the EU Commission's letter to the Scottish Parliament - http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/Inquiries/Letter_from_Viviane_Reding_Vice_President_of_the_European_Commission_dated_20_March_2014__pdf.pdf

It was in response to the letter from the SNP's chair of the Parliament's European & External Relations for confirmation that White Paper was right - http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/Inquiries/20140310_Convener_to_Vivianne_Reding_European_Commission.pdf. The Commission's Vice-President bluntly and clearly contradicted the White Paper's claim. That correspondence took place in March 2014. Yet the SNP repeated the White Paper's nonsensical claim for the next 6 months, i.e. they lied repeatedly and tried to deceive the people of Scotland.

You have said many time that indyref2 wont happen for at least a good while, I think it's becoming increasingly clear that you will be wrong just like Anthony C Pick. Your predictions are shite and you're a troll. Unlucky.

My prediction is accurate up until now and doubt that will change anytime soon.

In the event of Scotland calling another Referendum, the UK Government can either accept it or not. That's an argument to be had.
'May won't block it but it can't happen because she'll be too busy' is not a remotely sensible statement.

It isn't that she's 'too busy' but surely she's got to sort this Brexit mess out first before attempting to resolve the Scottish Independence issue!? Rather her than me. Her predecessor has left her with an almost insurmountable task to try and manage both.

What lies? Are you are referring to Scotland have to leave the EU as well as the UK after a Yes victory in IndyRef? If so, read the EU Commission's letter to the Scottish Parliament - http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/Inquiries/Letter_from_Viviane_Reding_Vice_President_of_the_European_Commission_dated_20_March_2014__pdf.pdf
It was in response to the letter from the SNP's chair of the Parliament's European & External Relations for confirmation that White Paper was right - http://www.parliament.scot/S4_EuropeanandExternalRelationsCommittee/Inquiries/20140310_Convener_to_Vivianne_Reding_European_Commission.pdf. The Commission's Vice-President bluntly and clearly contradicted the White Paper's claim. That correspondence took place in March 2014. Yet the SNP repeated the White Paper's nonsensical claim for the next 6 months, i.e. they lied repeatedly and tried to deceive the people of Scotland.

And everything better together said was true and all the promises were fulfilled. We were bullied, people were scared, and now we are only a part of northern england according to the english supreme court. Do you take pleasure from this bishop?

The EU referendum was a UK-wide vote, not a Scotland-only vote. Before the referendum, there were several posters on here who creamed themselves at the prospect that Scotland could swing the result for Remain even if rUK voted to Leave. Leave won and now they are whinging and moaning like spoilt weans who did not get their own way. They are just a bunch of bad losers who can't take the defeat. Ironically, if Scotland voted Yes in 2014, it would have left the EU as well as the UK. 

It's a very fair point, there WERE indeed many on here who took the line of hoping they might scupper a U.K. remain vote, but are now wailing a different tune, just can't please some people eh!?

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It's a very fair point, there WERE indeed many on here who took the line of hoping they might scupper a U.K. remain vote, but are now wailing a different tune, just can't please some people eh!?

You were the fanny that was on here after brexit saying how terrible it was for Scotland then after about a week, you're union jack brain kicked into gear with the beat of marching bands and flutes and reverted to type. You're fooling absolutely no one. You have admitted that the brexit vote shows how un-democratic the whole situation is for Scotland.

18 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

It isn't that she's 'too busy' but surely she's got to sort this Brexit mess out first before attempting to resolve the Scottish Independence issue!? Rather her than me. Her predecessor has left her with an almost insurmountable task to try and manage both.

It's been known for countries to become Independent whilst the state they're leaving has their own shit going on.

If you wanted to argue that another Referendum wouldn't be allowed, then you'd be discussing a possible outcome.

This "hold on lads, let me just deal with this first" idea doesn't exist in any real scenario.

2 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

It's been known for countries to become Independent whilst the state they're leaving has their own shit going on.

If you wanted to argue that another Referendum wouldn't be allowed, then you'd be discussing a possible outcome.

This "hold on lads, let me just deal with this first" idea doesn't exist in any real scenario.

It exists in Roberts head which is a surprise to absolutely no one.

34 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

And everything better together said was true and all the promises were fulfilled. We were bullied, people were scared, and now we are only a part of northern england according to the english supreme court. Do you take pleasure from this bishop?

Get your facts right, Bob. I did not support the Better Together campaign.

The Supreme Court did not say that Scotland is only a part of Northern England. It simply confirmed that Holyrood has no devolved powers on foreign policy, including EU Membership.

The Supreme Court has jurisdiction over all British Law. All Holyrood's laws are subject to the rulings of the Supreme Court.

I don't get any pleasure from debunking such crap.

You were the fanny that was on here after brexit saying how terrible it was for Scotland then after about a week, you're union jack brain kicked into gear with the beat of marching bands and flutes and reverted to type. You're fooling absolutely no one. You have admitted that the brexit vote shows how un-democratic the whole situation is for Scotland.

What an angry wee man![emoji47] Yep, I said it was a bad deal for Scotland and the UK as a whole, nothing has changed in that respect. I also said at the time that a Leave vote would give added leverage to Scottish Nationalists and Irish Republicans, again nothing has changed my view since. Any chance you can manage an exchange without your predictable and juvenile insults mate. It makes for much better reading eh!?

On your final point, yep it's hard to accept the EU result, given the majority remain vote across Scotland!

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The EU referendum was a UK-wide vote, not a Scotland-only vote. Before the referendum, there were several posters on here who creamed themselves at the prospect that Scotland could swing the result for Remain even if rUK voted to Leave. Leave won and now they are whinging and moaning like spoilt weans who did not get their own way. They are just a bunch of bad losers who can't take the defeat. Ironically, if Scotland voted Yes in 2014, it would have left the EU as well as the UK. 

Politics isn't just a game to most people. It has serious repercussions on people's lives and they are entitled to feel aggrieved by a decision which could have serious implications on their lives. This sort of talk from you is just bizarre.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Politics isn't just a game to most people. It has serious repercussions on people's lives and they are entitled to feel aggrieved by a decision which could have serious implications on their lives. This sort of talk from you is just bizarre.

The posters to whom I was referring in my post were happy to play political games.

It's the Nationalists love for the EU that is bizarre. How can Scotland be independent if it's part of a European supra-national state whose laws have legal supremacy over the Scottish Parliament's laws? Scottish independence and self-government are incompatible with political Unions, both British and European.

3 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

The posters to whom I was referring in my post were happy to play political games.

It's the Nationalists love for the EU that is bizarre. How can Scotland be independent if it's part of a European supra-national state whose laws have legal supremacy over the Scottish Parliament's laws? Scottish independence and self-government are incompatible with political Unions, both British and European.

Independence is the ability of a sovereign parliament to make all political decisions including whether to join the EU or not. It's not hard, being governed by Westminster or choosing to join the EU which doesn't govern any of it's members isn't even remotely close to being the same thing. You know this.