When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The latest poll seems to have the usual suspects in a tizz.Blair Mcdougall is now claiming half the uk debt is ours and a headline just appeared saying We can get a different brexit deal,quelle surprise

46 minutes ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

50% + 1 person is all we need. Any party / cause that had 38% confirmed as against them in any political arena would be creaming themselves.
Indy is done & dusted. Maybe not last time, maybe not next time, but it IS happening.

Last time the polls went from 30 odd % to 45% from the referendum being announced till polling day. I'm supremely confident that the SNP will have learnt lessons from the last campaign over being honest and outlining straightforward plans for currency, pensions and EU membership issues, and that London won't have learnt a thing. The polls will pick up as soon as a date is announced.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

That was my understanding, but post-Referendum studies and polls show incredibly contradictory findings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34283948

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/independence-referendum-figures-revealed-majority-5408163

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/20/scottish-independence-lord-ashcroft-poll

These are reports of studies/polls rather than the data itself.  I'm inclined to believe Ashcroft but it's not always a good idea to ignore a study just because you dislike the findings.  The one reported by the BBC does appear to be counter intuitive though.

Aye, more breakdown on today's figures.

Youth majority not as large as i've seen elsewhere. However, I'd imagine the amount of 16-18yos who engage with the likes of Ipsos, YouGov etc is pretty small.

Anyway, no room for complacency. Still work to do on woman voters, middle-classes and elderly. Though if the Tories' budget (and Brexit so far) is anything to go by, more and more will come over. Plus, the campaign has yet to begin.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Scottish food and drink stand already independent of Great Britain stand at Japanese Expo

I would be disappointed if Scottish produce wasn't promoted separately as it is a well known and superior brand in its own right.

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Scottish food and drink stand already independent of Great Britain stand at Japanese Expo

Going back about 10 years I worked in a pub in Glasgow that was well known for it's selection of whisky. Group of Japanese tourists came in one night and went through a large list to see what we had and didn't have from it. Ended up with 12 or so of them chipping in and spending just over £3k on a bottle of Ardbeg Provenance. They had originally tried to buy measures but the manager refused to open it unless they bought the full thing.