When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

25 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
48 minutes ago, AyrExile said:
Dissent is not tolerated within the SNP and usually means the exit door. Whilst Sillars pops up from time to time Cherry and MacNeil also seem to be showing signs of public dissent and willing to back Salmond. The Ceausescus may have their work cut out with this one

Whereas sexual assault is tolerated amongst the Torys

With the first minister having given known about this for ages it would appear it’s also tolerated in Scotland too

2 hours ago, edinabear said:

Rapey salmond is single handedly bringing down the SNP. This is a great watch.  Any indyref will need to be called asap before the SNP civil war destroys that hope forever

Why do you think it's acceptable to write shite like that about anyone with no proof, I hope he sues your arse off.

Edited by ayrmad

With the first minister having given known about this for ages it would appear it’s also tolerated in Scotland too
Known about what? Not sure Salmond has been found guilty of anything yet, thus he is still very much innocent. Do you understand the way judicial society works... clearly not. You are advocating a very serious precedent in which people can just accuse people of whatever without due process taking place. I've said it before on this thread, let the process take place. If he's guilty then he should be dealt with appropriately.

31 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
38 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Known about what? Not sure Salmond has been found guilty of anything yet, thus he is still very much innocent. Do you understand the way judicial society works... clearly not. You are advocating a very serious precedent in which people can just accuse people of whatever without due process taking place. I've said it before on this thread, let the process take place. If he's guilty then he should be dealt with appropriately.

Guilty or innocent there  is a strong chance Salmond is getting off the hook anyway due to the sideshow that has occurred. Fair play to Sturgeon referring hersel to the panel 

3 hours ago, AyrExile said:

Dissent is not tolerated within the SNP and usually means the exit door. Whilst Sillars pops up from time to time Cherry and MacNeil also seem to be showing signs of public dissent and willing to back Salmond. The Ceausescus may have their work cut out with this one

To be fair, the SNP are better off without Sillars, a Brexiteer and No2NP diddy.

MacNeil should've been sacked years ago too after kissing and fondling two barely-legal teenagers.

Edited by Sunrise

Rapey salmond is single handedly bringing down the SNP. This is a great watch.  Any indyref will need to be called asap before the SNP civil war destroys that hope forever

SNP civil war? I’ve seen the media mention it but i’ve seen no evidence of one. Imagine being so craven that you think a sexual assault allegation is a good thing, says a lot about the substance of the pro union case.

He's a Rangers fan m8. They're absolutely obsessed about sex offenders.

3 hours ago, edinabear said:

"Sources alleged"

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WE DEMAND TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Sensationalist articles that have f**k all to do with Indyref 2 thread for this pish

Edited by I'm Brian

3 hours ago, I'm Brian said:

"Sources alleged"

WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE? WE DEMAND TO KNOW!!!!!!!!!

Sensationalist articles that have f**k all to do with Indyref 2 thread for this pish

On the contrary. If Sturgeon has acted improperly she and her party could be embroiled in scandal and shit. And at this particular junction in British politics it could damage the nationalist cause in a very bad way. Independence could start drifting further away.

Edited by Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier

12 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

On the contrary. If Sturgeon has acted improperly she and her party could be embroiled in scandal and shit. And at this particular junction in British politics it could damage the nationalist cause in a very bad way. Independence could start drifting further away.

Not sure how that follows. Having far right terrorists, racists, and an actual murderer brutally killing an MP didn’t make the cause of UK independence from the EU drift away.

Just now, Antlion said:

Not sure how that follows. Having far right terrorists, racists, and an actual murderer brutally killing an MP didn’t make the cause of UK independence from the EU drift away.

The difference here is that Jo Cox wasnt a national leader who people look to for leadership and guidance. I would say that in general, Sturgeon is highly revered by the Scottish nationalists. Any fall from grace for her and tainting her government and party could have an effect of disincentivising people's commitment to the cause of independence. 

2 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar 2nd Tier said:

The difference here is that Jo Cox wasnt a national leader who people look to for leadership and guidance. I would say that in general, Sturgeon is highly revered by the Scottish nationalists. Any fall from grace for her and tainting her government and party could have an effect of disincentivising people's commitment to the cause of independence. 

You can certainly hope so - but I can’t imagine people who believe Scotland is a country that should leave a union would be much swayed by the behaviour of the country’s leader in what seems to be a confusing and relatively minor (in terms of what’s happening in Britain) furore. I mean, are you losing your belief in the supremacy of the UK because May is a corrupt, soulless, racist egomaniac? Or did you cease to believe the UK should be maintained because Blair was a war criminal?

Lots of Unionist journos getting all excited at the Salmond/Sturgeon debacle and predicting the demise of the SNP.

Whilst losing Sturgeon would be a blow to the SNP and the wider Yes movement. They seem to think SNP voters will switch to voting Unionist parties again.

Voters who have made the choice to vote SNP and independence are not going to start voting for Richard Leonard, Willie Rennie or Ruth Davidson just because of a change of leadership within the SNP.

Nicola hasn't covered herself in glory over this and now finds herself in possible breach of the Ministerial Code. Bit of a shambles to be honest