When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

All the No politicians from England talked about denying Scotland various things and refusing to work and trade with us should we become independent.

All shown to be the bollocks we knew it would be when you see the fretting in Ireland - apart from the morons obviously. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

All the No politicians from England talked about denying Scotland various things and refusing to work and trade with us should we become independent.

Yet cretinous sniveling shitebags who voted No want to remain with those petty, vindictive types who claim they would actively try and 'punish' us should we dare think for ourselves.

It wasn’t just wanting to remain; many of them actively backed the idea of Scotland being punished and targeted if it became a filthy sovereign state, gleefully trumpeting the claims that Scotland would be an impoverished nothing if it weren’t for the goodwill and wise governance of the motherland. Yet, of course, they were also “proud and patriotic Scots” , as they couldn’t help reminding us as at every turn.

Edited by Antlion

17 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

Agree. The story needs to be quick and easily remembered though, this is what I grouse about the SNP over. Take misdirected EU farming subsidy payments. Undoubtedly a bad thing for those involved. Have the SNP made that a nice short sharp story? Nope. They've carped about the sum involved, £160million or something. Meaningless to me. Can they show me a 1 minute video of a fermer reflecting on their resulting hardship & get it out on facebook etc.? Nope.

The SNP can hardly do that when the Ewings are starring in a Bukkake party with NFU Scotland.

2 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

This is from this Guardian article and I think it articulates what I was griping about better than I could.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/06/brexit-uncivil-war-reviews-andrew-rawnsley-gina-miller-gloria-de-piero-shahmir-sanni

This is what Yes/SNP couldn't do, still can't do, urgently need to do.

I was looking forward to watching that programme tomorrow night.

Hardly seems much point now having read that article.

10 hours ago, AUFC90 said:
22 hours ago, Daydream said:

I’d take the Euro. Project fear worked too well last time re the currency. The Scottish pound idea wouldn’t work IMO as folk would fear that in time it would be worthless compared to the English pound. It’s got to be the Euro. Good enough for Ireland, good enough for me.

As far as im concerned currency isn't that big a deal. The main problem for a high export, oil economy like Scotland's is keeping their currency from getting too strong. A Scottish pound with less value than the British one is a good thing.

I think that would be a very hard sell.  I think folks would like the relative safety of the Euro.

Also, I'd bin the monarchy while we're at it.  

I think that would be a very hard sell.  I think folks would like the relative safety of the Euro.
Also, I'd bin the monarchy while we're at it.  
The main project fear with the Euro is you have to accept no control over interest rates, currency devaluations, no lender of last resort and so on. For a country starting out the ability to do these things could be useful when becoming established.

Doesn't matter what you say, someone who wants to vote NO won't accept an answer.

Scottish pound - Eh no you'd be as well using irn bru bottles whats your plan B.

Euro - Eh no look how poor Ireland are whats your plan B.

Keep using the same currency as part of a contingency plan - Eh no its Englands pound whats your plan B.

I do believe the currency issue was a sticking point for soft NOs in the fact that staunch NOs made a big song and dance about it, even though they'd never vote YES anyway.

If Sturgeon came out and said we're using X as currency, the Yoons would shoot down the plan regardless.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Doesn't matter what you say, someone who wants to vote NO won't accept an answer.

Scottish pound - Eh no you'd be as well using irn bru bottles whats your plan B.

Euro - Eh no look how poor Ireland are whats your plan B.

Keep using the same currency as part of a contingency plan - Eh no its Englands pound whats your plan B.

I do believe the currency issue was a sticking point for soft NOs in the fact that staunch NOs made a big song and dance about it, even though they'd never vote YES anyway.

If Sturgeon came out and said we're using X as currency, the Yoons would shoot down the plan regardless.

That's not what happened last time though.

No matter what your view of the situation is, it's quite hard to deny that the yes campaign put forward a really weak argument. They hoped people would say the whole 'You can't use the pound' thing as that was easy enough to counter it but when it come to the first debate, Darling had moved on and there was no coherent response to it; in all honesty, I found it pretty embarrassing .

If Sturgeon comes out with a plan on currency that details how iScotland will go about arranging a lender of last resort with two or three options and priorities, that'll have much more substance than it did last time round.

It's pretty easy to dismiss it but it is a very important point. People won't like whatever they come up with but the option that they put forward last time round wasn't just politically vulnerable, it was verging on economic lunacy - they can do much better on it. It was pretty much just picked because the white paper was designed to ensure continuity.

The only game in town, at least for the foreseeable future before the Euro would be viable, is an independent currency with a plan to build up cash reserves by reductions in public spending in the next period. I suspect the SNP wouldn't be comfortable being honest about that but if they try and bunch this together with changes in taxation and aligning Scotland closer to the EU, I think there's a plan there that can win the vote in the face of the Brexit shitfest.

I look forward to Alexs next article, did the extinction of the tasmanian devil lead to the rise of Hitler.

Tbf, based on my hazy recollections of my Issues, Ideologies and Institutions of Modern Scotland module that I did in 2017 I think there’s a discussion there. At least we managed to drag out this topic for a solid 40 minutes in a seminar!

Tbf, based on my hazy recollections of my Issues, Ideologies and Institutions of Modern Scotland module that I did in 2017 I think there’s a discussion there. At least we managed to drag out this topic for a solid 40 minutes in a seminar!

I know I just like making fun of Massie, his self absorbed twitter picture where he probably thinks he looks all mysterious and intimidating just makes me hate him.
It’s no real surprise that the collapse of fundamentalist christian bodies has coincided with the rise of a progressive political body, however its not just Scotland.

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Why would we need to quickly build foreign currency reserves if we don't have any foreign denominated debt?

In addition to the outcome of the asset/liability negotiation between both governments - there will be an immediate need to source loans just to keep day to day operations ongoing from that point, like other governments have. 

I know I just like making fun of Massie, his self absorbed twitter picture where he probably thinks he looks all mysterious and intimidating just makes me hate him.
It’s no real surprise that the collapse of fundamentalist christian bodies has coincided with the rise of a progressive political body, however its not just Scotland.

lol aye he is a pompous p***k.