When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Any number of outside and unpredictable factors can affect the end result. See above for in/out Eu. Until any process is complete I would say uncertainty increases risk

The greater risk is staying in the UK.

Where we have no control over our political or economic future.

I agreee - but provided we can remain in the EU.
You only have to look across the Irish Sea to observe how well our neighbours have done since they became independent. To the best of my knowledge they've never asked to be reunited with the UK.

Still waiting to hear Unionists thoughts on the secession of Ireland and whether or not the UK should not only be fighting against the further break up of the precious, precious union, but trying to get the band back together for a new world tour.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Without a doubt Brexit is also a risk factor for Scotland and predicting the future. As we currently have 4 times the trade with Uk than Eu then not sure why independence would be any easier 

Quite apart from the question of whether goods transported to England go on to the EU and every estimate of Scotland's trade is a guess because no-one keeps a proper record, Westminster keeps saying they want frictionless trade with the EU, so there's no problem there, right?

Without a doubt Brexit is also a risk factor for Scotland and predicting the future. As we currently have 4 times the trade with Uk than Eu then not sure why independence would be any easier 
Because we wouldn't come up with fantasy "red lines" which are impossible to obtain. And trade with the rUK would continue.

19 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

The greater risk is staying in the UK.

Where we have no control over our political or economic future.

The greater risk is tumbling out of both unions.  As nobody seems to keep authentic records of Scotland’s trading position then why would the Eu be willing to admit us? 

Just now, AyrExile said:

The greater risk is tumbling out of both unions.  As nobody seems to keep authentic records of Scotland’s trading position then why would the Eu be willing to admit us? 

Because numerous EU officials have said there would be no issue admitting an independent Scotland?

3 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

It needs all EU member states to agree not just numerous officials.

It wouldn't necessarily be in the bag.

Given that even Spain has said they wouldn't object and the number of smaller nations admitted in recent years I think it would be highly unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Given that even Spain has said they wouldn't object and the number of smaller nations admitted in recent years I think it would be highly unlikely. 

Are there not a number of financial criteria that must be met before anyone can join? If as previously mentioned Scotland’s only trading record is negatively altered by the uk govt or bbc then how do we prove this? Therefore not a formality 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Are there not a number of financial criteria that must be met before anyone can join? If as previously mentioned Scotland’s only trading record is negatively altered by the uk govt or bbc then how do we prove this? Therefore not a formality 

When you have EU officials testifying to the Scottish parliament that there are no major obstacles to Scotland joining the EU I'd take that as more conclusive than the hand wringing of those desperate for any reason why Scotland is incapable of doing anything on its own.

45 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Liam Fox will brag about negotiating the best frictionless free trade deal ever with Scotland. 

4 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

There are 2 choices for Scotland to join the EU. One is to be part of the UK ("vote No to stay in the EU). The other is to join as an independent country.  

In the context of these 2 options, the latter is a formality where the former should have been. 

However, I think we've established that your reason for Scotland remaining dependent is because it's never done anything else. That's a shite argument. 

32 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Considering the basket cases already there, I can't see any problem, I'd hazard a guess that we'd be on a better financial footing than the majority of members on a per head of population basis. 

The biggest risk to Scotlands long term financial future is binding us to a country with 2 main parties that are more interested in keeping the different factions within their parties happy than anything that helps Team GB.

1 hour ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

It needs all EU member states to agree not just numerous officials.

It wouldn't necessarily be in the bag.

Those states have to give valid reasons that the applicant country can then address. They can’t just say “we don’t like Irn Bru”.

2 hours ago, AyrExile said:

I’m not against gambling at all as part of my income is made this way. I like to back winners and experts in their field which sadly doesn’t describe politicians. Very comfortable with financial services as money rules the world and better to be a part of it. A lot of old people will remember pre Eu and probably don’t think it’s all that either

No gambler ever wins in the long run...unless they hit that one big win. Even then that one big win will be gambled away.in many cases. The overwhelming majority of gamblers end up broke

So you are happy for this country to be put in the hands of so called experts in the financial industry, who have robbed us blind for years and led the world to the brink of the mother of all crashes only ten years ago, (BTW it was the politicians who stepped in and stopped it being so much worse in 2008) But when it comes to a new country being formed, a country that has undoubted wealth and massive potential you are unhappy about this

In short what you are saying is UK good Scotland bad

Money doesn't rule the world. Greedy b*****ds rule the world. 

11 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Suppose adopting the Euro will solve the currency issue. Not sure how NS will handle being told what to do by the German Chancellor though.

Independent but not independent.

2/10 Desperate stuff.

20 minutes ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

Suppose adopting the Euro will solve the currency issue. Not sure how NS will handle being told what to do by the German Chancellor though.

Independent but not independent.

Independent within the EU Community. What could be better?

Presumably you weren't born and bred in Scotland or of Scottish parentage or live in Scotland. Perhaps if you had, you might be aware of of how well the Scottish economy has fared since we welcomed EU migrants to the country. Many would consider that these migrants have enriched our culture as well as our economy - sadly you don't hear that said too often south of the border. 

Edited by ICTJohnboy

Independent within the EU Community. What could be better?
Presumably you weren't born and bred in Scotland or of Scottish parentage or live in Scotland. Perhaps if you had, you might be aware of of how well the Scottish economy has fared since we welcomed EU migrants to the country. Many would consider that these migrants have enriched our culture - sadly you don't hear that said too often south of the border. 
Quite the assumption and also 100% wrong.

I'm 100% for letting people who add something to the country to live and work here regardless of where they currently reside.

The team I currently manage has people from Russia, India, Poland, England and Scotland in it. I've found the people from Poland to be the most motivated and friendly of all.

I'd rather see us go it totally alone and negotiate our own agreements on everything than be independent in name only.

FWIW I voted for independence on indyref1. At the moment though I would not currently repeat that on indyref2.