When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Ross. said:

Hi Malky,

How can we pay the debt if we don't have a currency we are allowed to use? Will they make us pay it in magic beans?

Thanks.

Who claimed that? The SNP intend to use Sterlingisation 

2 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Who claimed that? The SNP intend to use Sterlingisation 

Hi Malky,

Seeing as you can clearly see my comments, can you please provide evidence to back up your assertion that Scotland will face a £12.6bn deficit in the event of independence?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Nonsense hyperbole. Seriously are you trying to claim the UK Government is murdering its own people? 

Through a friend I know of a funeral celebrant in Lanarkshire who is becoming very distressed at the rising number of deaths of young people by suicide he is being asked to officiate at.  I'm not suggesting that the UK Government is actively murdering it's people but through its extreme welfare policies it is actively facilitating the deaths of many people who have become desperate and destitute - try yesterday's figures on UK foodbanks if you don't believe me.

I don't really expect that many people who, like yourself possibly, are jogging along just fine will be unduly worried about this - the luck of the draw and all that - but some of us are determined that Scotland can no longer accept this situation.  We're known as the 45%. 

12 hours ago, Malky3 said:

£12.6Bn more. You talk about educating yourself yet you really think cutting ourselves adrift would have fewer risks than the status quo. You've ignored evidence even when its provided by the Scottish Government and when it comes from fiscal experts. I suspect the brainwashing done on you has been so readily ingrained you are now little more than a lemming intent on your own destruction. 

Thanks for your reason to vote No. But just throwing a number at me with absolutely no evidence or explanation is hardly a convincing reason to vote No.

I am going to ignore you insults as I am genuinely looking for reasons put forward to vote No. I would like you to provide me strong evidence along side your point.

So far, after about 18 hours since my earlier question, the reasons given to vote No from Unionists have been;

1. Currency unknown. 

This is a common fear and an understandable one. Although this does have the counter argument that this will be negotiated once independent.

2. High risk with no guarantees.

It was never explained to me where the high risks were coming from, the no guarantees argument could be used both ways.

3. £12.6bn.

No evidence or explanation.

If these are seriously the strongest reasons to vote No then it is clearly fear of change and the unknown that is driving the No vote. 

14 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Did you ask the bank this when they rejected your mortgage application? Your Mummy and Daddy combined were probably earning more than you do. 

Were mummy and daddy both homeless before they met?

We don't know that the bank will rejection the application, because the parents won't let us move out.

Its clear that Malky has nothing but lies and is unable to back up anything he says. Doesn't have any answers to any questions. 

This could be the longest running minter in P&B history. Maybe he will use Anthony C Pick as the source for his ludicrous financial claims. 

Its clear that Malky has nothing but lies and is unable to back up anything he says. Doesn't have any answers to any questions. 
This could be the longest running minter in P&B history. Maybe he will use Anthony C Pick as the source for his ludicrous financial claims. 
Not even H_B would touch this clown's nonsense with a 10 foot barge pole

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Through a friend I know of a funeral celebrant in Lanarkshire who is becoming very distressed at the rising number of deaths of young people by suicide he is being asked to officiate at.  I'm not suggesting that the UK Government is actively murdering it's people but through its extreme welfare policies it is actively facilitating the deaths of many people who have become desperate and destitute - try yesterday's figures on UK foodbanks if you don't believe me.

I don't really expect that many people who, like yourself possibly, are jogging along just fine will be unduly worried about this - the luck of the draw and all that - but some of us are determined that Scotland can no longer accept this situation.  We're known as the 45%. 

If you knew anything about the majority of those young suicides welfare benefits had absolutely nothing to do with it. What did play a major part though was the long wait times to get mental health help to those who clearly were needing it. 

My son was friends with two, went to school with another and played football against two more of the guys you refer to and to try to score cheap political points on their deaths is beneath contempt IMO! 

Edited by Malky3

If you knew anything about the majority of those young suicides welfare benefits had absolutely nothing to do with it. What did play a major part though was the long wait times to get mental health help to those who clearly were needing it. 

My son was friends with two, went to school with another and played football against two more of the guys you refer to and to try to score cheap political points on their deaths is beneath contempt IMO! 

You’re a cretin. Mental health funding has been cut because, as you know, the consequentials are adjusted when the NHS down south has its funding cut. All fair and well the NHS is devolved, but that means f**k all when the noose (figuratively speaking) is getting tightened around the neck every year.

You’re also dismissing the fact that welfare cuts play a role in people taking their lives; maybe not in the circumstances you outlined, but it’s a very common stress factor amongst all the people that I’ve worked with and supported in my profession. It most definitely has caused people to take their own lives.

Imagine having the brass neck to post something like that btw.

(And here I am, making the mistake by actually responding to this dick, apologies if he ends up replying with more absolute nonsense.)

It always pays to read down the thread and Sweeper Dee has above provided a succinct rebuttal to your hissy fit.

To quote someone; to attempt to deny any correlation between poverty, welfare cuts, homelessness, drug addiction and central Government economic, housing and social policy and a rising suicide rate across all the populace is IMO beyond contempt.

And I don't need to score political points, the evidence is there if you care to look.

45 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

My son was friends with two, went to school with another and played football against two more of the guys you refer to, and now I'm trying to score cheap  points on their deaths. :o

FTFY

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Hi Malky,

Please provide evidence to back up your claims that long waiting times for health treatment are not linked to political decisions that should be open to critique.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

You’re a cretin. Mental health funding has been cut because, as you know, the consequentials are adjusted when the NHS down south has its funding cut. All fair and well the NHS is devolved, but that means f**k all when the noose (figuratively speaking) is getting tightened around the neck every year.

You’re also dismissing the fact that welfare cuts play a role in people taking their lives; maybe not in the circumstances you outlined, but it’s a very common stress factor amongst all the people that I’ve worked with and supported in my profession. It most definitely has caused people to take their own lives.

Imagine having the brass neck to post something like that btw.

(And here I am, making the mistake by actually responding to this dick, apologies if he ends up replying with more absolute nonsense.)

A cretin would be someone who tried to claim that all those suicides could have been prevented if only the UK Government paid them an extra £10 or £20 per week! 

Here's the facts on mental health spending in England currently. Note - it hasn't been cut at all. In fact quite the opposite is true. 

https://fullfact.org/health/mental-health-spending-england/

However I am not crass enough to suggest that the Scottish Government was responsible for these suicides as you and your pal tried to do with the Conservative Party. Trivialising the reasons for suicide is something I'll leave to low lifes like you

A cretin would be someone who tried to claim that all those suicides could have been prevented if only the UK Government paid them an extra £10 or £20 per week! 
Here's the facts on mental health spending in England currently. Note - it hasn't been cut at all. In fact quite the opposite is true. 
https://fullfact.org/health/mental-health-spending-england/
However I am not crass enough to suggest that the Scottish Government was responsible for these suicides as you and your pal tried to do with the Conservative Party. Trivialising the reasons for suicide is something I'll leave to low lifes like you

More Googling.