When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

820 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Still none the wiser about what turned him, overnight almost, into a horrible poison pen writer when he was quite a witty and outwardly neutral writer during indyref.

Cash.

An old mate of mine is now the Scottish political editor in the Express. Writes what he's told because "it pays well". We've basically disowned him now.

34 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Still none the wiser about what turned him, overnight almost, into a horrible poison pen writer when he was quite a witty and outwardly neutral writer during indyref.

I think the STV "gagging" tipped him over the edge, Mail were the only place that would take him and he really took their style guide to heart. After a while got depressed about writing for something he must know is a harmful publication, and the spectator is the same vibe for the middle classes so the easiest swap. That's what I'd bet on.

Saw the youth splitting for Yes and as they were disproportionately the ones denying him his treats he became a crusader against any cause they might support. Explains his Corbyn hate as well.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Bit disappointed you didn’t say, “what tipped the scales in favour of...”.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

I am pretty sure it was the run-up to, and results of, the 2015 General Election that achieved this. This was when it became obvious to him (and everyone else I think...I recall Andrew Marr confessing on the election night coverage that independence was 'a historical process that probably can't be stopped')) that independence was an idea that wasn't going away.

I might be remembering wrongly but I am pretty sure it was around then (just before election day) that Daisley wrote something bitterly lamenting the downward spiral of the Labour Party, referencing them having been his grandpa's party (in itself a nice reminiscence actually, but he seemed angry that they were about to get hammered).

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is it just me who finds Mceleny to be a complete numpty with nothing positive to add to the political landscape of Scotland? 

95% of political commentators and 90% of MSPs as well

The yoons are desperate,this week has kirsty ma best pal is a lord wark presenting a documentary about the salmond case and there is also dan gravelli doing a piece on the snp civil war its delicious 

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Aye that was some top level trolling, but that said I dont really have any issue with the UK mod seeing him as an unsuitable person to work for them. Given their raison d’etre is to defend the UK and his is to break it up then its quite reasonable surely?

The yoons are desperate,this week has kirsty ma best pal is a lord wark presenting a documentary about the salmond case and there is also dan gravelli doing a piece on the snp civil war its delicious 

Dani Garavelli is far from a ‘yoon’ - I think she actually supports independence! - I’m actually looking forward to what she has to say.