When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

2021/22 will be decisive in Scotland’s future.

If people’s democratic aspirations are ignored then no one should be surprised if other methods are adopted.

Other than taking it to court I don't see what the other methods are.  All i can see happening is the SNP getting a huge win at the elections with a referendum manifesto, UK government saying no and that's it. 

1 minute ago, GTG_03 said:

Other than taking it to court I don't see what the other methods are.  All i can see happening is the SNP getting a huge win at the elections with a referendum manifesto, UK government saying no and that's it. 

Armed insurrection.  I’d make some comment about ‘dying in a ditch’ but I’ll refrain.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Armed insurrection.  I’d make some comment about ‘dying in a ditch’ but I’ll refrain.

This post is absolute, cast-iron proof that Scotland is about to descend into paramilitary chaos, with evil jackbooted separatist thugs kneecapping innocent children in the streets, purely because their parents expressed a desire to remain within the Union in a letter to the Daily Mail, which was intercepted by Sturgeon's fascist brownshirts at the (inevitably rebranded) Scottish Republican Mail Office.

There, that ought to save Kinky a few hundred posts.

Another hypothesis.

It could all just drift along into stasis. No UK govt wants to have "losing" Scotland on its tombstone. They're not going to offer a referendum knowing they could lose.

Sturgeon and SNP leadership are very cautious and couldn't survive losing a referendum.

In this scenario it suits both parties for the Scottish Govt to be perceived as operating as a semi- autonomous entity, with the odd flare up to throw some red meat to their supporters. Nothing too risky though.

This could go on indefinitely until the SNP implode or something big happens externally.

17 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

This post is absolute, cast-iron proof that Scotland is about to descend into paramilitary chaos, with evil jackbooted separatist thugs kneecapping innocent children in the streets, purely because their parents expressed a desire to remain within the Union in a letter to the Daily Mail, which was intercepted by Sturgeon's fascist brownshirts at the (inevitably rebranded) Scottish Republican Mail Office.

There, that ought to save Kinky a few hundred posts.

In a representative democracy, if people are denied their rights through the ballot box what other options are open to them?

15 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In a representative democracy, if people are denied their rights through the ballot box what other options are open to them?

Who do you plan on shooting? Asking for a mate called Boris (no relation).

As a society, if enough Scots feel strongly that we shouldn't be part of the Union anymore, I think we'd be much more likely to go down the non-cooperation route. I don't think 54% is anything close to triggering that sentiment. It's difficult to claim that just over half, according to some organisations, over a period of a few months, is going to cut any mustard with either the ruling classes, nor the minority (hee) who are happy with/fear change to the status quo.

If you want my opinion, which is worthless, this is going to take years, and we'll eventually gain independence on the back of a new Westminster government elected on the basis of granting a referendum to Scotland, with not only the backing of Scots, but also the backing of people in England who want rid of us after decades of "who do the Jocks think they are?" rhetoric from the press. Similar to how they eventually got Britain out of the EU, after a lifetime of trying.

...but, if you went back thirty years, I wouldn't believe we'd be where we are now. We've come a long way, baby.

Who do you plan on shooting? Asking for a mate called Boris (no relation).
As a society, if enough Scots feel strongly that we shouldn't be part of the Union anymore, I think we'd be much more likely to go down the non-cooperation route. I don't think 54% is anything close to triggering that sentiment. It's difficult to claim that just over half, according to some organisations, over a period of a few months, is going to cut any mustard with either the ruling classes, nor the minority (hee) who are happy with/fear change to the status quo.
If you want my opinion, which is worthless, this is going to take years, and we'll eventually gain independence on the back of a new Westminster government elected on the basis of granting a referendum to Scotland, with not only the backing of Scots, but also the backing of people in England who want rid of us after decades of "who do the Jocks think they are?" rhetoric from the press. Similar to how they eventually got Britain out of the EU, after a lifetime of trying.
...but, if you went back thirty years, I wouldn't believe we'd be where we are now. We've come a long way, baby.
UK politics is about to be hit by a tsunami called Brexit and the issue of Scottish independence will be swept along in the ensuing tidal wave. A cave-in from Johnson and the Brexiteers will go apeshit, whilst a No Deal is a disaster for us all. The Independence effort will form part of the eventual realignment.

5 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It would appear that in Glasgow and Dundee the denizens think that divorcing you’re neighbour and biggest trading partner would be a good idea. Thankfully, there is more to Scotland than Glasgow and Dundee.

Aye, a few loons thought that Brexit was a good idea, what were they thinking?!? Total minters.

1 hour ago, Glen Sannox said:

It would appear that in Glasgow and Dundee the denizens think that divorcing you’re neighbour and biggest trading partner would be a good idea. Thankfully, there is more to Scotland than Glasgow and Dundee.

Ffs. No much danger of you being downgraded. 

12 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Sorry to hear that the remains of the UK wouldn't like to trade with an independent Scotland. Seems a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face.

It would be, dare I say it, a bit of a minter.

The independent coastal state will be entirely self sustaining post Brexit. No more foreign muck.

The profit lies in the ensuing apocalyptic wasteland making millions from Hollywood coming over to make zombie movies.