When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Can someone explain to me please, WHY do Nicola Sturgeon/SNP not want independence?

Yeah, they are spending all their efforts fighting off the genital inspectors from Alba. It’s a full time job. 
Or! They are too busy on the gravy train.

Or maybe, cos reasons……. 

8 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Can someone explain to me please, WHY do Nicola Sturgeon/SNP not want independence?

It's the wrong type of independence. She wants to use the UK pound as a trans currency so the wallet inspectors now as well as the genital inspectors think they'd rather stay in the Union thank you very much.

18 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

you're aff yer heid !!

You are the one who said they would vote no in an independence referendum - to me, and I would imagine everyone else, that makes you a Unionist........happy to go out of your way to ensure Scotland remains in the Union

You said you would vote NO - did I, or did I not read that correctly (I know I did)

I will vote no in Nicolas future referendum if it happens.  You did not read that wrong. I want Scottish Independence but Nicolas referendum is not a vote for self determination. 

17 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

You said you’d vote no.

Ok, so assuming that was an overreaction, which I’ll give you. 
Nicola will never enact the Sterlingisation plan, she wants to kill independence, can’t have it both ways old chap. 

I will give you, the fact i will vote no.  

The sterlingisation has already been agreed at conference, it is happening, like it or lump it. 

Scotland will be destroyed, it will have no lender of last resort. On day one 1.  On day one 1, and once again on day 1. 

5 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Short money from Westminster, because member subs have went down. 

9 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Yeah, they are spending all their efforts fighting off the genital inspectors from Alba. It’s a full time job. 

Or maybe, cos reasons……. 

And you are pulling the SNP sheep wool over your eyes. You mention gravy train, there is no more suppers of gravy than those at Westminster that refuse to back a Pro Independence Party, ALBA, when an ALBA mp stands up for Scotland in a British house that it so biased towards Scottish Independence and what do the SNP do?  Instead of backing Scotland they walk out with a bow and curtsy.  Fucking shameful. And keep the genital shit going, promote that as much as you like, make it secondary to our Independence. 

FFS 

45 minutes ago, Caledonian1 said:

you're aff yer heid !!

You are the one who said they would vote no in an independence referendum - to me, and I would imagine everyone else, that makes you a Unionist........happy to go out of your way to ensure Scotland remains in the Union

You said you would vote NO - did I, or did I not read that correctly (I know I did)

44 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

You said you’d vote no.

Ok, so assuming that was an overreaction, which I’ll give you. 
Nicola will never enact the Sterlingisation plan, she wants to kill independence, can’t have it both ways old chap. 

26 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Or maybe, cos reasons……. 

I FEEL like a NO voter today, is that OK? 

I know it's a clickbait opinion piece in the fucking Express, but I would love to see this happen. It would boost the independence campaign no end.

Glasgow has failed: the UK Government should step in to save Scotland's largest city - Ben Borland - Scottish Daily Express

And I'm not even sure why the twat thinks that the UK government would be any better at running Glasgow given how shit they are running the country.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

I know it's a clickbait opinion piece in the fucking Express, but I would love to see this happen. It would boost the independence campaign no end.

Glasgow has failed: the UK Government should step in to save Scotland's largest city - Ben Borland - Scottish Daily Express

And I'm not even sure why the twat thinks that the UK government would be any better at running Glasgow given how shit they are running the country.

Strange how the big ‘independence’ centres of Glasgow and Dundee are in such a mess?

Not a great advert.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

As a long term Edinburgh resident I'm still struggling with the idea the Tram "network" delivers any benefits. Also, has Borland looked at Princes St recently? Retail is fucked everywhere.

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Please be careful posting links like that.  What a toxic publication.

4 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Glasgow is a bit of a shitehole, you cant really argue against the fact its been neglected, but the cause of that is the unnecessary tory austerity agenda. If anything its an argument for independence. 
Granted Glasgow City council are shite. 
That said I do agree with Borland that the free bus pass scheme has caused a particular increase in crime with teenagers. 

22 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Glasgow is a bit of a shitehole, you cant really argue against the fact its been neglected, but the cause of that is the unnecessary tory austerity agenda. If anything its an argument for independence. 
Granted Glasgow City council are shite. 
That said I do agree with Borland that the free bus pass scheme has caused a particular increase in crime with teenagers. 

have mentioned this before but SNP GCC is hugely frustrating. There is nothing radical or sweeping about what they do and it would be great for a new council, after years of neglect under Labour, would really make their mark by illustrating how the city is under new management and oversight. Regularised bus service, joined up transport systems and ticketing, the snail's pace roll out of the cycle lanes and endless consultations on the avenue schemes etc etc. All hugely frustrating and under-pinned by the failure to better balance basic services such as bin collection/street cleaning in the face of Westminster cuts passed on by the SG, as well as a legacy of financial mismanagement inherited from the complete waste of space that was Labour GCC. 

However in saying that, the number of regeneration projects across the city under SNP is quite something. All these are essentially on brownfield or derelict sites that Labour seemed happy to leave there for their 40 odd years when in power. Whereas under SNP we have seen Custom House/Clyde St, Merchant City/Selfridges, MODA, Barclays/Tradeston, JP Morgan/What Everys, etc etc all get approval and work start. May not be the designs we all want but this has been hugely impressive and the new skyline of the city and the disappearing brownfield sites in a post Brexit and post Covid world is a real achievement. Using BHS on Sauchiehall St as an example of neglect in that Express article does illustrate they are clutching at straws if one of their arguments is regeneration (though due to the School of Arts fire Sauchiehall St is emerging as a real priority for (re) redevelopment). 

Edited by KingRocketman II
typed too quickly