When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The UK will continue to maintain stockpiles and distribution arrangements for antiviral medicines and antibiotics sufficient for a widespread and severe pandemic"

That's what I've been saying this whole time - the UK is responsible for preparing for nationwide emergencies.

Ive not at one point disputed that the UK gvt is mostly to blame, all ive said is that the Scottish gvt is not without fault and that departments within their control prepare their own responses, business continuity provision etc.

That's some nice frantic backpedalling, chum.

If by backpeddling you mean having a consistent standpoint throughout the entire discussion across several threads then yes. Nice chatting chump.

https://www.nhsscotlandprocurement.scot.nhs.uk/news-and-performance/news/supporting-our-supply-chain.aspx

Oh my, NHS procurement identifying that THEY are buying PPE not central government.

1 hour ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If by backpeddling you mean having a consistent standpoint throughout the entire discussion across several threads then yes. Nice chatting chump.

https://www.nhsscotlandprocurement.scot.nhs.uk/news-and-performance/news/supporting-our-supply-chain.aspx

Oh my, NHS procurement identifying that THEY are buying PPE not central government.

Oh f**k, people are pitching in in the wake of the astonishing incompetence of the UK government! You're pathetic.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

This thread needs @strichener 's input.

Happy to oblige.

It appears that Baxter's argument is that it is for the UK to provide health services for pandemics even in devolved areas.

I guess there will be no complaints when the UK start reducing the block Grant to stock up on PPE, build some stand by hospitals, employ a pandemic police force, social care and NHS staff to sit at home waiting for the next nationwide emergency.  Or perhaps they could outline the plan, consult with the devolved administration's and let them have responsibility for their devolved areas. Oh, that is the setup. 

Baxter is so entrenched is supporting the Scottish Government that the logical conclusion of his position would be that there is no need for a Scottish government.