When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Is that what you resort to when you’ve been obliterated? Are you this aggressive in real life? What would happen if your mother read your aggressive posts on here? Would she take away your internet?

Is that what you resort to when you’ve been obliterated? Are you this aggressive in real life? What would happen if your mother read your aggressive posts on here? Would she take away your internet?

You really are a child arent you, are you missing school? Is it getting to you? Bet you really miss Modern Studies and arguing with the tory kids don’t you!? Im finished with you, utterly ridiculous from you.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Happy to oblige.

It appears that Baxter's argument is that it is for the UK to provide health services for pandemics even in devolved areas.

I guess there will be no complaints when the UK start reducing the block Grant to stock up on PPE, build some stand by hospitals, employ a pandemic police force, social care and NHS staff to sit at home waiting for the next nationwide emergency.  Or perhaps they could outline the plan, consult with the devolved administration's and let them have responsibility for their devolved areas. Oh, that is the setup. 

Baxter is so entrenched is supporting the Scottish Government that the logical conclusion of his position would be that there is no need for a Scottish government.

Strichner hasn't read Baxter's argument.  The law states that preparations for national emergencies are reserved to the UK government. Inanimate Carbon Rod proved that, sadly for him.

Edited by Baxter Parp

2 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

You really are a child arent you, are you missing school? Is it getting to you? Bet you really miss Modern Studies and arguing with the tory kids don’t you!? Im finished with you, utterly ridiculous from you.

8 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

7 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

4 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Hahahahaha. Top stuff.

Happy to oblige.

It appears that Baxter's argument is that it is for the UK to provide health services for pandemics even in devolved areas.
I guess there will be no complaints when the UK start reducing the block Grant to stock up on PPE, build some stand by hospitals, employ a pandemic police force, social care and NHS staff to sit at home waiting for the next nationwide emergency.  Or perhaps they could outline the plan, consult with the devolved administration's and let them have responsibility for their devolved areas. Oh, that is the setup. 
Baxter is so entrenched is supporting the Scottish Government that the logical conclusion of his position would be that there is no need for a Scottish government.

Im a nationalist but im also a pragmatist, some people on the internet are absolutely incapable of understanding or accepting that their side got it wrong. I do think the FM is now batting it out the park with her performance and the scottish government is head and shoulders better than the rUK, but only a fool would suggest they are blameless.

5 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

As a neutral observer I would say that you are not covering yourself with glory.  I say that as someone who usually admires your posts.

As a neutral observer I would say that you are not covering yourself with glory.  I say that as someone who usually admires your posts.

Oh come on, ive done absolutely everything to show him he’s wrong, he genuinely is coming across like a teenager with the repetition and venom. Did i let the guy get under my skin due to his arrogance, probably, have i bitten a slight more than I would have liked, possibly.

Worth reading? Or shall I skip? Genuine question

If the alternative is scooping your eyes out with some rusty spoons, I’d start leaving your spoons out in the rain pronto, rather than read the last half dozen pages.

Oh come on, ive done absolutely everything to show him he’s wrong, he genuinely is coming across like a teenager with the repetition and venom. Did i let the guy get under my skin due to his arrogance, probably, have i bitten a slight more than I would have liked, possibly.
Not probably - definitely.

On 11/05/2020 at 21:54, Savage Henry said:

If the alternative is scooping your eyes out with some rusty spoons, I’d start leaving your spoons out in the rain pronto, rather than read the last half dozen pages.

This surprises me.  I flicked through a few pages and it read as a couple of brain-dead Scotch trying to outdo each other with their Scotchness.

So business as usual, then.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

This surprises me.  I flicked through a few pages and it read as a couple of brain-dead Scotch trying to outdo each other with their Scotchness.

Yes, they’re supposed to be absolutely mortified and bury it under a veil of respectable Britishness, just like the English. Oh wait. Normal English people generally consider themselves English. It’s only pockets of the knuckle-dragging Orange Order mob in Scotland and Northern Ireland who seem eager to emphasise that they’re jolly good John Bull, tea-and-crumpet, we-won-the-war Brits above all else, what.

I’m not a fully trained Freudian psychiatrist but I do have a beard so even I can diagnose your subconscious obsession with pies, eggs and/or whisky.

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but does the headline come from literally this one paragraph: "Online the comment sparked anger among Unionists, with social media users warning the Commission president the situation is “none of her business” and Scotland did not want independence."

37 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Forgive me if I'm mistaken but does the headline come from literally this one paragraph: "Online the comment sparked anger among Unionists, with social media users warning the Commission president the situation is “none of her business” and Scotland did not want independence."

A bit of a confused message from the anti-union “unionists”. Scotland doesn’t want independence from the EU but England and Wales do. Are they making our point for us now?