When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Thousands of Scots mercanaries went to fight for Sweden and the Protestant factions of the Thirty Years War. Large scale emigration to Poland is a myth of Sandy's imagination.

Not at all, it's well documented if you care to research, the problem was that many Scots ended up as peddlars. And thirty thousand is hardly large scale.

Edited by SandyCromarty

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Not at all, it's well documented if you care to research, the problem was that many Scots ended up as peddlars. And thirty thousand is hardly large scale.

It would amount to roughly 5% of the population of Scotland at the time.

If it's well documented you won't have any problem pointing me in the direction of sources. 

44 minutes ago, Detournement said:

If it's well documented you won't have any problem pointing me in the direction of sources. 

Considering there was no mention about the source for horses charging at tanks just a barrage of red dots I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Out of interest there seemed to be a fairly substantial scots diaspora to do with the church in Hungary which I wasnt aware of until recently.  According to some plaque in budapest...could be pish.  I'd heard about the Krakow scots before though. 

14 minutes ago, tirso said:

Out of interest there seemed to be a fairly substantial scots diaspora to do with the church in Hungary which I wasnt aware of until recently.  According to some plaque in budapest...could be pish.  I'd heard about the Krakow scots before though. 

Related possibly to Queen Margaret of Scotland, born to the King of Hungary?

2 hours ago, Detournement said:

Type - King Stephen Poland and Scots Immigration, or you can take my word for it, which you won't do, but you will type in to have a look and then come back and say you couldn't be bothered, n'est pas? 

Edited by SandyCromarty

7 hours ago, paolo2143 said:

Make no mistake if Douglas Ross was to become FM of a Pro Union majority on 7 May then Indy will be scuppered and not just for few years.

One of the first things he will do, lauded on by Westminster, is to change the electoral boundaries in Scotland to reduce any future chances of Pro Indy majority happening.
David Davis and Westminster are not just gunning for FM or to bring down SNP, they are constructing a systematic attack to destabilize the Scottish Parliament and Democracy in order to weaken Devolution. This is all part of their power grab.

Yesterday the UK Govt passed a Policing Bill that would have made Communist China applaud, we should al be worried.

It just shows that you can close the pubs for three months but you cannot banish the sort of philosophical conjecture that is usually preceded by three straight days on the batter.

There’s more chance of me being FM.  I’d also be a better linesman.

27 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It just shows that you can close the pubs for three months but you cannot banish the sort of philosophical conjecture that is usually preceded by three straight days on the batter.

There’s more chance of me being FM.  I’d also be a better linesman.

I hope you are right but the desperation of Pro Union parties is there for all to see. If we had Parliament that say had 59 SNP MSPS and 4 Greens (63 in total) and the Tories/Labour/Lib Dems came to the same amount, which is certainly not impossible as at moment they have 60 between them, it could happen.

I wouldn't put it past them to work together to stop Indy

As someone who enjoys watching the unionist parties increase support for independence without the SNP having to lift a finger, Labour putting DRoss into Bute House sounds fucking magic. They're so utterly cack-handed that I could actually see Labour doing it too, if they could.

Headline from the Scotsman:

Support for independence has fallen 12 points since Nicola Sturgeon appeared before Alex Salmond inquiry

The article then goes on to explain it’s dropped six points so it’s a ‘12 point swing’ not a twelve point drop.

Duplicitous bástards are running scared.

39 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Sounds like utter shit. Why would anyone be swayed from Indy because of this? They wouldn't unless they've already decided their a no voting gammon f**k. 

Clearly been swayed by arr armed forces upping the nuke capacity.

Rule Britannia.

Edited by GNU_Linux

Boring competency and stability is a big deal to a lot of people hence why the SNP cosied up to the People's Vote lot and that vote will evaporate if the SNP get mired in a scandal like this and Sturgeon looks like she's corrupt.