When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The proper term for simplified interaction between two languages or more is Pidgin, not Pidgeon as this idiot has used.

I’m sure the ingredients for a joke about referring to cattle as coos are in there

Can everyone assume I successfully assembled that joke and laugh

Nothing wrong with me holding a grudge.  If RBS leave Scotland, they can say cheerio to the accounts I've had with them since my first student grant cheque in the late 70's.  Don't give a rat's ass if there's no other biggie based in Scotland... Their interest rates are keech anyway. 

One of the unintended consequences of Brexit that will in the long term prove to be something good, is London losing loads of jobs in the financial/banking sector. It will make London a far better and more equal society going forward without those leeches bleeidng it dry in terms of rents, vacant house owners etc etc

Sustainable economies is what we need not listening to fucking banks

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Has the financial services sector really contracted all that much due to Brexit? I know some functions have been moved to Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg etc. but as far as I know these are quite modest numbers of staff and it's just so a transaction can be carried out in the EU even if the act of initiating the trade is still in London (or anywhere else).

Last I saw at least £1tn in assets had been moved to Europe.

11 hours ago, Pato said:

I'm not being facetious. A trillion quid leaving the UK is a lot, it just doesn't seem to be accompanied by a commensurate number of jobs, suggesting to me a lot of that 'departure' is administrative rather than real.

To be fair, typically the admin and HQ functions go first, then it's a slow bleed of jobs away. The EU offices start hiring more, and the UK ones slow their hiring. New projects, opportunities and business get assigned go EU staff, smaller UK offices get left legacy material... after a while you have a large draw down in UK staffing.

On 26/04/2021 at 13:01, Pato said:

Quite. The world keeps turning and people keep voting for Boris Johnson even though I'd quite like to see him overcome in a gruelling hours long hand to hand battle with 100 furious ducks.

I can't think of a stronger argument in favour of independence than this:

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

I can't think of a stronger argument in favour of independence than this:

Don't think I've ever been more keen on seeing the methodology for a poll given how absolutely cursed the class discourse is on Normal Island. NAP that someone like Andrew Twentyman or John Harris are counting themselves as working class.

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

Don't think I've ever been more keen on seeing the methodology for a poll given how absolutely cursed the class discourse is on Normal Island. NAP that someone like Andrew Twentyman or John Harris are counting themselves as working class.

The methodology is pretty poor tbf and isn't related to income, it's very broad-brush. It's done by a pretty old-fashioned interpretation of professions. So you could be on a six figure income, but if you get that from working with your hands you're C2DE. If you work in an office at anything above a clerical level you're ABC1. It also doesn't consider upbringing. It's not totally useless but it's no more than indicative.

All that said, the Tories absolutely should not be thrashing Labour by more among C2DE than ABC1, and you don't get figures anything like that in Scotland.

3 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Not going to happen.

Current Scottish government decided to pull out against the peoples action on section 30 court case. 

The "bill" the Snp are proposing is only a draft, it is not legal.  I will write this again in caps. 

THE INDEPENDENCE BILL IS A DRAFT AND IS NOT LEGAL IN ANY WAY. IT CANNOT BE CHALLENGED IN COURT BECAUSE IT IS A DRAFT. 

WE ARE BEING TAKEN FOR FOOLS, AGAIN.

You voting in this election? 

On 29/04/2021 at 16:10, Suspect Device said:

RBS is NatWest and the HQ is defacto already in London in Bishopsgate. Alison Rose doesn't even work in Edinburgh.

14 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

Voted already, Promoted the SNP vote by voting SNP constituency and Alba regional.

Pains me to say it will be the last time I vote Snp. 

Bye then! Swings and roundabouts... my sister who lives in the Borders has always voted Labour but has had enough and is voting SNP.  Isn't democracy great?