When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

People who claim to have done a particular job to try to win an argument have severe psychological issue.

This is a professional assessment as I was a clinical psychologist for a couple of years.

:lol: you could be a clinical psychologist for 50 years and still not have the slightest clue what goes on in Oaksoft's head.

6 minutes ago, AUFC90 said:

:lol: you could be a clinical psychologist for 50 years and still not have the slightest clue what goes on in Oaksoft's head.

In fairness I was only a clinical psychologist for a couple of years.  Before that I was a spy and afterwards I became a choo choo driver.

24 minutes ago, jakedee said:

In what way?

I forgot the question mark.

I was asking you a question and trying to guess the answer with the question...

It's somehow different?......

There, that's what I should have put. So now you can answer the question!

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

I'll answer your points in reverse. So, as I thought, you need to let the phone know exactly where you are to be able to get the information within 3 clicks. Now many people may not have concerns about big companies being able to track your every move through phone apps but personally this is a step too far. There is almost complete naivety and ignorance about personal security which is astonishing from a population which prides itself on being tech savvy. Nobody cares about their personal data until someone clones it and wipes their bank accounts. That is one of many reasons why I use a mobile phone from the dark ages.

That last sentence would be fine if there was an option for the doddery fuckers like me but sadly we are progressively moving towards a society where if you don't have a smartphone then you can't function. IMO that sort of "my way or the highway" nonsense I personally think is a bad thing because it is not inclusive but you may have a different opinion. I value my independence and freedom and have no desire to conform to the smartphone fad. I am not alone.

Don't think of me as a luddite though. I am far from that. Many years ago (mid to late 90's) in a previous career I used to design software for mobile phones. People are sleep walking (or I should really say "sheepwalking") into a personal security nightmare as that daft b*****d in the news found out when Uber started routinely texting his wife his location leading her to finding out he was having an affair. Now you may think he deserves it but I would say that you were missing the big picture. Young people have a habit of doing that sadly.

I wouldn't call you a luddite for anything in this post. I wasn't being sarcastic saying don't get one if it's not your thing - I don't think you should have to get one to function. Or that this is the case particularly.

On the location thing, a) I don't have my location settings on either and as explained in last post, can still get live bus times way quicker than using a PC and b) even if I did, I'd be much more concerned about the security of using Google Maps on the computer than the Lothian Bus app.

I'm sorry but comparing a smartphone to stirring soup with a sock is clear cut luddite territory. As is finding hilarious that your son would use technology that literally 90% of young people use.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

Their lives are so vacuous and empty that they will sell their soul for  coat themselves with the veneer of relevance. 

Social media and technology does that for them.  As does ScotNationalism.

It's why they all need to have the same opinions and be told what to think, like sheep.

^ virtue signalling, imo.

I forgot the question mark.
I was asking you a question and trying to guess the answer with the question...
It's somehow different?......
There, that's what I should have put. So now you can answer the question!

I ask the question,replacing Scotland with the UK,5m with 65m and the SNP with,well any UK Government,and ask why is this any different? You reply with a question and expect an answer,when you've decided not to answer mine,yup,that's how it works.

23 minutes ago, jakedee said:

I ask the question,replacing Scotland with the UK,5m with 65m and the SNP with,well any UK Government,and ask why is this any different? You reply with a question and expect an answer,when you've decided not to answer mine,yup,that's how it works.

Please don't, I don't think I was talking about the EU and I've said countless times on here that I regard the issues regarding ScotIndy and Brexit to be quite different..

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

Please don't, I don't think I was talking about the EU and I've said countless times on here that I regard the issues regarding ScotIndy and Brexit to be quite different..

In other words you don't like being called on your hypocritical stance.

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

In other words you don't like being called on your hypocritical stance.

Did you not get the memo about stating a post with 'In other words'

Starting a post with 'In other words' is admitting you are too stupid to understand the post you are referring to.

I'll prove it ........ I challenge you to explain the hypocrisy if you can.

9 hours ago, McSpreader said:

Did you not get the memo about stating a post with 'In other words'

Starting a post with 'In other words' is admitting you are too stupid to understand the post you are referring to.

I'll prove it ........ I challenge you to explain the hypocrisy if you can.

And similarly, just because you say a thing, doesn't make it true.

IN OTHER WORDS, you're a fucking idiot.

21 minutes ago, Fide said:

And similarly, just because you say a thing, doesn't make it true.

IN OTHER WORDS, you're a fucking idiot.

I'll process your input on this matter and consider the implications of this new information.

Your contribution is greatly appreciated.

In Other Words......gtf , ha ha :lol:

Edited by McSpreader

46 minutes ago, cdisaaccie said:

I think next year may still be a bit early & I wouldn't announce it until we know the final Brexit deal.

No reason it couldn't be announced in March next year for a September vote though...

I doubt we'll know the final Brexit deal for 5 years, and by the time it's over people will have had enough of constitutional change for a generation. September next year sounds good, plenty time to get convincing currency and EU membership plans laid out.