When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, RedRob72 said:

Huge gamble for Sturgeon, but she has backed herself into a corner with no other choice. She know's the game is up, but she'll do her best to drag Scotland down with her anyway.

That doesn't make the slightest bit of sense. 

3 minutes ago, DigOutYourSoul said:

I think she's gone too soon...

She's probably chosen the timing so that Scotland would remain in the EU if it voted yes since article 50 negotiations would still be ongoing by that point, which makes sense. 

Just now, sparky88 said:

She's probably chosen the timing so that Scotland would remain in the EU if it voted yes since article 50 negotiations would still be ongoing by that point, which makes sense. 

She outlined that she wants it by the time the direction of Brexit is known but before it's too late to drag us down with it.

My gut feeling is that it's been called too soon - surely, calling one after Brexit would make it a slam dunk, no? Whilst I'd personally vote Yes again, I can't help but feel a lot of people across the Yes/No/Don't Know spectrum won't want more uncertainty.

Of course, looking at it from another angle, calling it before the UK leaves the EU would probably mean some sort of succession deal is in place for Scotland, hence the decision to hold it before Brexit?

2 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Jeez - I've  changed jobs since indy1 - the new place is wall-to-wall unionists ("George Sq" bellend types) I reckon there will be a few fall outs.

Surely to f'ck we canny f'ck it up twice !

I've just discovered that my office appears to be as well. Very depressing, especially since one is Polish and another is Greek. Also have the most bitter "You're all racists" Englishwoman as well. I think I'll need a new job if this carries on.

Just now, sparky88 said:

This. With the massive uncertainties over Brexit already ongoing it makes sense to settle all the constitutional questions together.

Huge gamble for Sturgeon, but she has backed herself into a corner with no other choice. She know's the game is up, but she'll do her best to drag Scotland down with her anyway.

You really are slavering pish with that statement. Scotland independent and Ireland reunited, your precious union is almost over

As much as I'm looking forward to the #scenes over the next year or so there really won't be much in this.

I know a few people that have switched from No to Yes but it's by no means a mass change of heart - yet. 

If we think Unionists threw the kitchen sink at it last time we ain't seen nothing yet. This will be ugly as f**k.

Can't wait :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

My gut feeling is that it's been called too soon - surely, calling one after Brexit would make it a slam dunk, no? Whilst I'd personally vote Yes again, I can't help but feel a lot of people across the Yes/No/Don't Know spectrum won't want more uncertainty.

But by calling it before Brexit, she can make the argument that it's between two uncertainties. Last time, people voted for the status quo. This way, they can't.

More vague talk from Sturgeon and the SNP on how exactly the scenario she's hell-bent on would be realized.

I just love constitutional wrangling and playing the blame game. Don't think we've had anywhere near enough of it in recent years between Sturgemond and Farage and co.

I can't see Theresa May granting one whilst she's in the middle of negotiating Article 50. I sense Sturgeon is fully aware of this though and wants to use it as ammunition if May says she needs to wait until post-March 2019.