When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t get a HB vibe from Detournement. What’s the reasoning?

I’ve just jumped on the bandwagon tbh:lol: But it’s been levelled at Detournment on a number of occasions, none of which he/she has denied, I don’t believe, so that was good enough for me.

10 minutes ago, Londonwell said:

I’ve just jumped on the bandwagon tbh:lol: But it’s been levelled at Detournment on a number of occasions, none of which he/she has denied, I don’t believe, so that was good enough for me.

Arguing with strangers about your own identity is the height of absurdity.

Not something i'm going to get involved in.

Just found out they’re marching in Dundee soon, as a 100 percent died in the wool independence supporter I really cannot be arsed with this. Marches just get on people’s nerves.

Also a lot of yer da types dressed in dodgy outfits taking part in these things.

Find it all pretty cringey.

10 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Just found out they’re marching in Dundee soon, as a 100 percent died in the wool independence supporter I really cannot be arsed with this. Marches just get on people’s nerves.

Also a lot of yer da types dressed in dodgy outfits taking part in these things.

I'll not go on the March but I'll leave Mennies to go and see the end of it at Magdalen Green. If Dumfries can get 10K I reckon they will get about half a million in Dundee. Should be some sight.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

If people don't go out and march the public  will just continue to read shite and watch shite on the telly saying there is no appetite for a referendum and believe it. Peacful protests have always been a good  way to influence politics. 

If people don't go out and march the public  will just continue to read shite and watch shite on the telly saying there is no appetite for a referendum and believe it. Peacful protests have always been a good  way to influence politics. 

Surely the voting itself does that, look at the SNP support, 45 percent of people don’t just stop wanting something.

No idea how what marches are supposed to acheive, if 10,000 No supporters turned up somewhere would it affect you in any way or would you not just think that they were a nuisance? Especially if they’d taken over your town?

9 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Absolutely agree with this bit. You see some absolute goons dressed head to toe in god knows what.

However, events like these are completely necessary in building the momentum of a political movement/campaign. To not realise that is quite naive.

Just ignore the fringe elements and hang around with the sound guys/gals.

19 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

It fires up the hardcore which is necessary for future campaigns. Does nothing to convert or enthuse anyone who's not marching though, and is possibly counter productive.

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

No idea how what marches are supposed to acheive, if 10,000 No supporters turned up somewhere would it affect you in any way or would you not just think that they were a nuisance? Especially if they’d taken over your town?

They'll be giving it their best shot soon...

Orange-Orders-Marches-Take-Place-In-Glas

5 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Surely the voting itself does that, look at the SNP support, 45 percent of people don’t just stop wanting something.

I think it helps folk cement their beliefs and encourages them to participate in Yes activities ie. leafleting, running stalls and getting  informed on the arguments for Indy.  There is a few bumpers but they are well in the minority. I went to the Glasgow one, had a great day stopping in a few pubs along the route for a quick pint, then settled down away from the main stage to have a wee munch and a few wines.

I know of two Yes groups who have started up again in a small part of Perthshire off the back of these marches.

They are for enthusing and reinvigorating your core support.

f**k SnG, Tommy Sheridan and people dressed like fucking Outlander extras though.

Dundee has them fairly often.

There are quite regularly folk doing various in the city centre about independence, from speakers to stalls to leafleting. I'd say probably about 2 Saturdays each month I see it.

I've found marches a love them or hate type thing. Personally I love them, they boost moral and they're actually quite fun. You meet loads of like minded people and it's great just talking about independence and beyond.

They generate publicity outwith Scotland and it lets Unionists know we've not gone anywhere. I actually thought the Unionists seemed a bit rattled after the Glasgow march.

People march the world over and Scotland is no different. If you don't like them then don't go, it's as simple as that.  Won't make you any less of a passionate yesser if you don't like tat sort of thing.  

I know of two Yes groups who have started up again in a small part of Perthshire off the back of these marches.
They are for enthusing and reinvigorating your core support.
f**k SnG, Tommy Sheridan and people dressed like fucking Outlander extras though.

Who are SnG?

Get out and March ffs