When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 minutes ago, strichener said:

I think the rabbit hole is already filled with the heads of people that think Scotland can have a no-deal independence from rUK and not only cherry pick what that they want but at the same time dictate to the larger entity.  It is far more likely that any indication that there would be no-deal would see the Unionist in Scotland demanding a second vote on the basis that "no-one voted for a this type of independence" which would put the SNP in an uncomfortable position given their current position of wanting a second referendum for the UK.

Gobbledegook.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Again, Scotland at the point of negotiating with rUK will not be in the EU.

Again, nonsense.

2 minutes ago, tirso said:

You've already said decommissioning has got nought to do with the UK.  So it's nothing to do with a deal.

Taking the Oil fields in your own waters is not cherry picking for goodness sake.

I have no idea what point your are trying to make in the first two sentences.

Off-loading the liabilities is most definitely cherry-picking.  The oil will only be extracted if someone can make a profit from doing so, otherwise it will stay in the ground as it has with coal.

2 minutes ago, strichener said:

OK, let's see your timescales on how Scottish Independence, rUK Negotiations and EU Membership will pan out.

Sure. Negotiations with the rUK and the EU will both start the day after the vote for independence. Both will conclude within 18 months or so to enable Scotland to be in the EU on Independence Day.

As a member of the EU Scotland will benefit from the EU-rUK FTA from day one. If that hasn't happened Scotland will be involved in the negotiations to get the best possible benefit from the deal.

1 minute ago, BawWatchin said:

You know this how exactly?

It is a inconceivable that the EU will admit Scotland before it is independent.  It is also inconceivable that Scotland will not start negotiations with rUK prior to being independent.  2 + 2 = 4.

3 minutes ago, strichener said:

Off-loading the liabilities is most definitely cherry-picking.  The oil will only be extracted if someone can make a profit from doing so, otherwise it will stay in the ground as it has with coal.

No-one other than you is suggesting offloading the liabilities. They will be picked up by the operators as is the norm.

Just now, Tibbermoresaint said:

Sure. Negotiations with the rUK and the EU will both start the day after the vote for independence. Both will conclude within 18 months or so to enable Scotland to be in the EU on Independence Day.

As a member of the EU Scotland will benefit from the EU-rUK FTA from day one. If that hasn't happened Scotland will be involved in the negotiations to get the best possible benefit from the deal.

So why did you say that I was speaking nonsense when I posted " Scotland at the point of negotiating with rUK will not be in the EU. ".  Your post literally makes the same point. :1eye

Just now, strichener said:

The decommission costs is not part of a deal with the UK.  It's part of a deal with the oil company.  Not quite sure what's so difficult about that. 

How that would bring down a UK govt deal they aren't party to, I have no idea. 

3 minutes ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

No-one other than you is suggesting offloading the liabilities. They will be picked up by the operators as is the norm.

Sorry but it wasn't me that suggested this.

5 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

Isn't it maritime law that who benefits has to pay the costs? That would make the UK government liable as Scotland has received no profits from the North Sea, it goes straight to the treasury. 

Would be interesting to know what Strichner thinks we'd end up with in the event of a yes vote.  Easy to say what we won't have.

Out of the EU for ten years?  twenty?  Or simply never let in?

What leverage does rUK actually have over Scotland anyway?  What leverage does it have over Ireland?>

I think the rabbit hole is already filled with the heads of people that think Scotland can have a no-deal independence from rUK and not only cherry pick what that they want but at the same time dictate to the larger entity.  It is far more likely that any indication that there would be no-deal would see the Unionist in Scotland demanding a second vote on the basis that "no-one voted for a this type of independence" which would put the SNP in an uncomfortable position given their current position of wanting a second referendum for the UK.
Our territorial waters won't be up for negotiation. You know that as well as I do.

strichener was pro-independence before because he thought it'd mean Scotland would leave the EU. He's absolutely desperate for Brexit in any form. So he's probably warmed to the idea of Scotland staying in the UK purely for that reason,.

strichener was pro-independence before because he thought it'd mean Scotland would leave the EU. He's absolutely desperate for Brexit in any form. So he's probably warmed to the idea of Scotland staying in the UK purely for that reason,.
He'll still vote yes. He just likes to talk shite whether he even agrees with his position or not.

I don’t think the EU is going to be the problem here given they’ll see the expediency in getting Scotland in the door asap. It’s the fact that England have demonstrated they won’t negotiate in good faith or sensibly with anyone that’s the problem.

2 hours ago, strichener said:

It is a inconceivable that the EU will admit Scotland before it is independent.  It is also inconceivable that Scotland will not start negotiations with rUK prior to being independent.  2 + 2 = 4.

It is also inconceivable that rUK would treat Scotland as if it's never going to be a part of the EU.

1 + 2 = 3
1 + 27 = 28