When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

822 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Did I really see that? The man calling for Civil Disobedience from the minority Nationalist group in Scotland to try to force his will on his country, is accusing someone of "over reacting"?

Cock

29 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Sadly you did. 

Socket

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Did I really see that? The man calling for Civil Disobedience from the minority Nationalist group in Scotland to try to force his will on his country, is accusing someone of "over reacting"?

Unless you're going to answer my question about why you lied about the OBFA then pipe down you snivelling coward.

The adults are trying to figure out how we rescue Scotland from the bin fire your Tory pals have started.

2 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Malky's calling Glenanover a lying c**t. That's loyalty for you.

This is now getting laughable - arguing with himself to make it look like it isn't an alias.

Encouraging a troll to derail this discussion isn’t laughable, it’s unfortunate.

The chronology of Brexit gives me concern for any future Yes vote.

They are completely different but it never occurred to me that in the event of a vote going for change that unionists would continue to make all the arguments for the other side, stymie any process that they don't agree with.  A soft independence...a no deal independence...no independence.  Better have another vote...

I fear that the UK will use all the mechanisms to give Scotland a bad deal in the intervening period of EU membership.  That the inbuilt unionist majority in Westminster will do everything it can to delay and stop.

It's absolutely essential there is a Team Scotland approach to negotiations.  

14 hours ago, tirso said:

They are completely different but it never occurred to me that in the event of a vote going for change that unionists would continue to make all the arguments for the other side, stymie any process that they don't agree with.  A soft independence...a no deal independence...no independence.  Better have another vote...

I fear that the UK will use all the mechanisms to give Scotland a bad deal in the intervening period of EU membership.  That the inbuilt unionist majority in Westminster will do everything it can to delay and stop.

Really? It didn't cross your mind that there were two sides that would be represented in any Scottish Independence / UK exit? 

Did the warning bells not ring when Alex Salmond started claiming that Scotland would be able to drop a shoulder and leave the rest of the UK with all the national debt? Did you not hear Mark Carney warning that the two sides would have to decide whether a currency union would be desirable or not? 

Much like the EU leaders have their own countries interests to look after in the Brexit negotiations, so would be the case with the rest of the UK if Scotland was bonkers enough to vote for Independence. 

Isn’t a “soft independence” exactly what the Yes side proposed in their white paper last time? Currency union, no hard border, keep the Queen etc.

In fact I’d argue there’s very little appetite within Scotland for “hard independence”

2 hours ago, Donathan said:

Isn’t a “soft independence” exactly what the Yes side proposed in their white paper last time? Currency union, no hard border, keep the Queen etc.

In fact I’d argue there’s very little appetite within Scotland for “hard independence”

Yeah it was too soft a deal for me.

On the another hand just before the vote,Scotland was promised a "Basque Country"/Home Rule/Devo Max scenario or something near to it which never materialized.

Oh and we were promised if we vote No,we would stay in the EU....,we voted No and now we're oot anyway because we will always do as England tells us to do or how they vote.

Maybe being in control of everything bar foreign affairs and defence may have stemmed the tide against independence but not much was handed over and now we hav the f**k up that is Brexit,Boris the Eton buffoon and the Tory's and the Labour party.

Being British is swell right now ain't it !!

Edited by Whitburn Vale

20 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Yeah it was too soft a deal for me.

On the another hand just before the vote,Scotland was promised a "Basque Country"/Home Rule/Devo Max scenario or something near to it which never materialized.

Oh and we were promised if we vote No,we would stay in the EU....,we voted No and now we're oot anyway because we will always do as England tells us to do or how they vote.

Maybe being in control of everything bar foreign affairs and defence may have stemmed the tide against independence but not much was handed over and now we hav the f**k up that is Brexit,Boris the Eton buffoon and the Tory's and the Labour party.

Being British is swell right now ain't it !!

Our of interest how "hard" would you want independence to be?

Own currency seems to be a pretty common sense view now.

Queen? Can stay for now, no point risking losing any potential monarchist yes voters. Republic campaign can wait for another day IMO.

Hard border? Preferably not, but if that's what it takes to be in the European single market then it's a price Scotland should be willing to pay. This isn't like Ireland a hard border would automatically trigger violence.

18 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Our of interest how "hard" would you want independence to be?

Own currency seems to be a pretty common sense view now.

Queen? Can stay for now, no point risking losing any potential monarchist yes voters. Republic campaign can wait for another day IMO.

Hard border? Preferably not, but if that's what it takes to be in the European single market then it's a price Scotland should be willing to pay. This isn't like Ireland a hard border would automatically trigger violence.

Instead of trying to trick people, maybe more people will vote for independence if it's said that a Scottish Republic is the goal. 

Plus we want to be in the Schengen Area so get ready for a hard border. 

Edited by HeartsOfficialMoaner

Thoughts on Ian Blackford as the first leader of an independent Scotland? He’s impressed me a lot at WM recently, far more than Salmond or Robertson ever did. He’s on a par with Sturgeon, who would probably be the rightful first leader after delivering independence, but say it takes another 2-3 years to actually plan and hold a referendum and then 2 years after that to actually become independent, we could be looking at the mid 2020’s, by which point Sturgeon will have been the FM for over a decade. Wouldn’t surprise me if she decides to ride off into the sunset at that point.

1 hour ago, HeartsOfficialMoaner said:

Instead of trying to trick people, maybe more people will vote for independence if it's said that a Scottish Republic is the goal. 

Plus we want to be in the Schengen Area so get ready for a hard border. 

How is it trying to trick people? Are the BritNats tricking people by not outlining exactly what the future of the UK will be constitutionally in 20 years’ time?

Scotland might become a republic if independent of the UK. The UK might become a republic if independent of the EU. No one knows because no one can predict what parties and manifestos will appear in the future. That’s what elections are for. It’s hardly “trickery” for those who advocate one change to be unable to predict what future generations of voters might one day vote to enact.

Personally I think Elizabeth Windsor is a rapacious c**t whose sole goal in life is to feather her family’s nest. I’d think that in an independent Scotland and in the UK. It’s completely separate from the independence debate. 

Thoughts on Ian Blackford as the first leader of an independent Scotland? He’s impressed me a lot at WM recently, far more than Salmond or Robertson ever did. He’s on a par with Sturgeon, who would probably be the rightful first leader after delivering independence, but say it takes another 2-3 years to actually plan and hold a referendum and then 2 years after that to actually become independent, we could be looking at the mid 2020’s, by which point Sturgeon will have been the FM for over a decade. Wouldn’t surprise me if she decides to ride off into the sunset at that point.
Blackford can't lace Salmonds boots when it comes to handing out telts to political opponents.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I’m on the Perth indy March and the turnout is fucking insane

IMG_6413.jpg

Started outside my house and there wasnt a huge amount of folk about 15 minutes before the march began, at a guess you're talking hundreds of people.

Took about 10 minutes for everyone to walk past, mind you, but there were huge gaps between some groups. Suspect a lot of folk will be joining/joined in on the way.

The calls about 10,000 folk are, sadly, miles from the reality from what I seen of it.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Started outside my house and there wasnt a huge amount of folk about 15 minutes before the march began, at a guess you're talking hundreds of people.
Took about 10 minutes for everyone to walk past, mind you, but there were huge gaps between some groups. Suspect a lot of folk will be joining/joined in on the way.
The calls about 10,000 folk are, sadly, miles from the reality from what I seen of it.

Nah I thought that as well at the very start but by the time the march got to farmfoods the crowd had grown by a huge amount, I have no idea where they came from but there was tons of folk. I’ll post photos later

23 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Nah I thought that as well at the very start but by the time the march got to farmfoods the crowd had grown by a huge amount, I have no idea where they came from but there was tons of folk. I’ll post photos later

Had this event been well publicised?

Had this event been well publicised?

Yeah, it was a All Under One Banner event, so they are usually pretty well organised and publicised. John Swinny and Pete Wishart did speeches at the end, bands were playing, stalls set up and to top it off they had a George Michael impersonator singing and dancing. Very cringy but in a funny way. Cracking atmosphere for the duration of the day. There was a counter protest in town from Unionists but it was pathetic, no more than 30 people waving Union Jacks. Maggot of a protest.