When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

The great thing about the AUOB marches is they raise awareness and generate publicity. 

I was in Austria recently and watched a report on Scottish independence and pics from a AUOB on TV in my hotel.  These pics are beamed all over Europe and beyond.

All countries have rallies and marches and Scotland should not be any different.

Europe is very much aware we have a thriving independence movement. And the AUOB marches play a part in that.  

Far too many of them disrupting people from going about their normal business. 

And the state of some of the participants. Highly embarrassing imo. 

I don’t see the point in these marches unless it culminates in a good old struggle session once they reach George Square or the like.

Yeah. The one in Inverness conveniently ran past all the best pubs.

I’m assuming “struggle” is coda for “discussing vague plans for the future over a £5 pint”.

10 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

I don’t see the point in these marches unless it culminates in a good old struggle session once they reach George Square or the like.

Well it doesn't half end the nonsense spewed by the media and MPs about "no enthusiasm for another referendum".

How can anyone who's mind is open on the subject take the Unionists seriously when they see 1 thing and hear them say no you didn't

8 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Well it doesn't half end the nonsense spewed by the media and MPs about "no enthusiasm for another referendum".

How can anyone who's mind is open on the subject take the Unionists seriously when they see 1 thing and hear them say no you didn't

I think it's safe to say that polls could regularly indicate 60%+ for independence and the Scottish Tories' promotional material would still proclaim "no appetite for another divisive independence referendum™"

Did you not see the photos of the guys in the blue hats?
Running around with national flags is usually the preserve of morons in any country.

I was more interested in why specifically marching in favour of independence was embarrassing, not any individuals within the march.

I think it goes without saying that any march or protest will have, at least some, absolute fannies within it.

25 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Aye your right. Seeing photos of a few hundred people dressed up as cartoon Scots holding up the traffic and singing football songs doesn't half prove that we're all dying for Independence.

I suppose in the same way seeing photos of the several times bigger Orange Walks going through many of our towns gives proof to the fact we're a nation of catholic hating Ulster Unionists. Or the larger Pride marches in Edinburgh and Glasgow prove we're a nation of transgender homosexuals. 

Come on Gaz. All these marches prove is that as a nation we've got minority groups so pumped up by their own vanity and self importance that they think its OK to block our streets and to piss off locals. 

8 minutes ago, Malky3 said:

Aye your right. Seeing photos of a few hundred people dressed up as cartoon Scots holding up the traffic and singing football songs doesn't half prove that we're all dying for Independence.

I suppose in the same way seeing photos of the several times bigger Orange Walks going through many of our towns gives proof to the fact we're a nation of catholic hating Ulster Unionists. Or the larger Pride marches in Edinburgh and Glasgow prove we're a nation of transgender homosexuals. 

Come on Gaz. All these marches prove is that as a nation we've got minority groups so pumped up by their own vanity and self importance that they think its OK to block our streets and to piss off locals. 

image.png.655e72900b6f7280701f570d3033d9d7.png

Calm down dear

54 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Did you not see the photos of the guys in the blue hats?

Running around with national flags is usually the preserve of morons in any country.

That will be the armed services of just about every nation covered then.

Edited by git-intae-thum

Who is we m8? You won't get a vote

The only embarrassment here is the posters who have been left seething that there was a march in the first place. We can take their opinions with a pinch of salt because there’s a very good chance that none of them have been on an independence march.

As someone who WAS on the march, I can tell you that there was nothing really embarrassing about it at all. It was really good natured, positive vibes emitting from all of those who attended. Families with kids and pet dogs were present. Just a nice atmosphere really. On 2 occasions people hung Union Jacks from their flat windows (one guy was so desperate to do it as fast as possible without being noticed that his flag didn’t unfurl properly - minter). These moments were simply met with some boos and laughter. Even when we passed the counter protest there was no animosity - just laughter, smiling and waving. If anything, as mentioned before the most embarrassing moment of the day was when George Michael appeared on stage - and even that was funny.

I like independence marches because they are bright, colourful and a bit of fun. If people look at the march as it passes their house, they might be swept up in it all - helping them to lean towards a yes vote. It’s a show of solidarity and I can’t think of a bigger demo happening in Perth ever. If the Unionists are so unhappy then why don’t they organise their own march? It’s because they know they won’t get the support, because Unionists are generally a very lazy and ignorant bunch. It’s why Unionists rarely ever present a positive case for the Union - they either lack the information to present a solid case or they are simply to stubborn to accept the truth. That’s why they instead resort to SNP BAD/Jimmy Crankie/Salmonds going to jail/SNP Nazis etc etc patter. It’s all they have in their arsenal and it absolutely grates on them that with every day that passes more and more people are turning to Yes.

10 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The only embarrassment here is the posters who have been left seething that there was a march in the first place. We can take their opinions with a pinch of salt because there’s a very good chance that none of them have been on an independence march.

As someone who WAS on the march, I can tell you that there was nothing really embarrassing about it at all. It was really good natured, positive vibes emitting from all of those who attended. Families with kids and pet dogs were present. Just a nice atmosphere really. On 2 occasions people hung Union Jacks from their flat windows (one guy was so desperate to do it as fast as possible without being noticed that his flag didn’t unfurl properly - minter). These moments were simply met with some boos and laughter. Even when we passed the counter protest there was no animosity - just laughter, smiling and waving. If anything, as mentioned before the most embarrassing moment of the day was when George Michael appeared on stage - and even that was funny.

I like independence marches because they are bright, colourful and a bit of fun. If people look at the march as it passes their house, they might be swept up in it all - helping them to lean towards a yes vote. It’s a show of solidarity and I can’t think of a bigger demo happening in Perth ever. If the Unionists are so unhappy then why don’t they organise their own march? It’s because they know they won’t get the support, because Unionists are generally a very lazy and ignorant bunch. It’s why Unionists rarely ever present a positive case for the Union - they either lack the information to present a solid case or they are simply to stubborn to accept the truth. That’s why they instead resort to SNP BAD/Jimmy Crankie/Salmonds going to jail/SNP Nazis etc etc patter. It’s all they have in their arsenal and it absolutely grates on them that with every day that passes more and more people are turning to Yes.

What an embarrassing post, cringy as f**k.

1 hour ago, Glenanover said:

Far too many of them disrupting people from going about their normal business. 

And the state of some of the participants. Highly embarrassing imo. 

Not even remotely as embarrassing, as supporting a sporting team from another country.

7 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Not even remotely as embarrassing, as supporting a sporting team from another country.

A lot of Scots go and watch and support the England and Wales cricket team. 

And a lot of English go and watch and support the Scottish rugby team.

Nothing wrong with either imo.