When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Cannot dress up at Lords. It's not allowed.

And it is a bit different dressing up for fun at the cricket than on those on an independence march. People dress up as all sorts from them above to monks, nuns, commentators, American footballers etc.. It has been a tradition for years. 

I don't by the way.

Yes, but dressing up at Independence marches is allowed - therefore if folk feel like they want to then so be it. What an oddball you are for getting so upset by it all.

For what it's worth, I didn't see anyone dressed up on the march. I think some of the pipers may have had a blue streak of face paint on each cheek but that's all I can recall. Notice how I say "face paint" and not "war paint" because clearly nobody pretends they are going to war - unlike what Glenminter seems to imagine: a group of lefty barbarians who think they are in Braveheart. It couldn't be further from the truth, except he wouldn't know that because 1. he hasn't been on an indy march and 2. because the pictures he claims to have seen are the only ones he sees in the Daily Express. Is he going to start having a go at kids who have Scotland flags painted on their cheeks as well, the miserable b*****d?

5 minutes ago, Glenanover said:

Cannot dress up at Lords. It's not allowed.

And it is a bit different dressing up for fun at the cricket than on those on an independence march. People dress up as all sorts from them above to monks, nuns, commentators, American footballers etc.. It has been a tradition for years. 

I don't by the way.

You have a blind and non-plussed acceptance of people getting dressed up for jolly japery at the cricket, yet cast a disdainful glance at the Indy Ref marchers for parading in their "traditional" nationalist outfits.  Funny that, eh ??

What about the multi-coloured, ill-fitting, gaudy coats and uniforms of many (orange and blue) colours paraded about whilst polluting Scotland's public highways with their bile ??  Is it safe to assume you endorse these cretins due to their "traditions" ??  They dress up for "fun" in the same way as your willow-walloping hoorays, n'est ce pas ??

I'm struggling to see where your lines are drawn, other than anything pro-union or pro-englandshire -  good.  Anything involving independence-minded Scots - bad.

Each to their own indeed.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Yes, but dressing up at Independence marches is allowed - therefore if folk feel like they want to then so be it. What an oddball you are for getting so upset by it all.

For what it's worth, I didn't see anyone dressed up on the march. I think some of the pipers may have had a blue streak of face paint on each cheek but that's all I can recall. Notice how I say "face paint" and not "war paint" because clearly nobody pretends they are going to war - unlike what Glenminter seems to imagine: a group of lefty barbarians who think they are in Braveheart. It couldn't be further from the truth, except he wouldn't know that because 1. he hasn't been on an indy march and 2. because the pictures he claims to have seen are the only ones he sees in the Daily Express. Is he going to start having a go at kids who have Scotland flags painted on their cheeks as well, the miserable b*****d?

I am not upset at all.

And the rest of your post is just well....no

3 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

You have a blind and non-plussed acceptance of people getting dressed up for jolly japery at the cricket, yet cast a disdainful glance at the Indy Ref marchers for parading in their "traditional" nationalist outfits.  Funny that, eh ??

What about the multi-coloured, ill-fitting, gaudy coats and uniforms of many (orange and blue) colours paraded about whilst polluting Scotland's public highways with their bile ??  Is it safe to assume you endorse these cretins due to their "traditions" ??  They dress up for "fun" in the same way as your willow-walloping hoorays, n'est ce pas ??

I'm struggling to see where your lines are drawn, other than anything pro-union or pro-englandshire -  good.  Anything involving independence-minded Scots - bad.

Each to their own indeed.

Willo-walloping hoorays 😂 wtf.

And as I said above I don't do the oo, NI, Ireland or religion. No I do not endorse them.

And once again the independence marches gives me the cringe and is embarrassing. If people marched for the Union it also would. 

Yes, each to their own.

Willo-walloping hoorays [emoji23] wtf.
And as I said above I don't do the oo, NI, Ireland or religion. No I do not endorse them.
And once again the independence marches gives me the cringe and is embarrassing. If people marched for the Union it also would. 
Yes, each to their own.
Nae wonder ur family h8 u m9

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
6 minutes ago, Glenanover said:
Willo-walloping hoorays emoji23.png wtf.
Yes, each to their own.

Nae wonder ur family h8 u m9

Wtf are you on about ?

So is it national identity as a concept, regardless of nation, that you’re embarrassed by?

I’m not looking that up. You made the claim, you can back it up if you want. Or don’t, I’m not fussed either way.

I’ve explained the Catalonia/Palestine thing. It’s showing solidarity with other high profile campaigns for statehood.

I didn’t realise that writing on something claimed ownership. I’ll need to let the “Larkhall Tartan army” know to stop.
McSpreader doesn't seem to have any problem with the saltire being defaced by having red and white stripes plastered over the top of it. Presumably that's not political.

6 minutes ago, scrooge1928 said:
2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So is it national identity as a concept, regardless of nation, that you’re embarrassed by?

I’m not looking that up. You made the claim, you can back it up if you want. Or don’t, I’m not fussed either way.

I’ve explained the Catalonia/Palestine thing. It’s showing solidarity with other high profile campaigns for statehood.

I didn’t realise that writing on something claimed ownership. I’ll need to let the “Larkhall Tartan army” know to stop.

McSpreader doesn't seem to have any problem with the saltire being defaced by having red and white stripes plastered over the top of it. Presumably that's not political.

Firstly who is McSpreader ?

And your 2nd point is ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Malky3 said:

Marches of any kind are counter productive. We've known that for years. 

Ultimately it's a public demonstration of your causes most rampant weirdos, whether you are talking about Orange Walks, Republic Marches, Pride Marches, or these stupid Scottish Nationalist marches. 

This is nonsense and ahistorical pish.

It's debatable whether marches on their own have any impact, but they certainly are an integral part of wider, successful social and political movements. Were the hundreds of thousands who marched on Washington in1963 rampant weirdos ?

As for being counter productive, this is just wishful thinking on your behalf. You'll find that the vast majority of folk don't really give a shite that a few thousand folk are walking through Perth. They are relatively quiet, peaceful marches, I don't think there's been any arrests at these things.

I mean the sum total of complaints is 'but what about the traffic hold up'.

1 minute ago, Glenanover said:

Yes I will. Total embarrassment.

So will I. I mean I'm hardly a fashionista myself but in the same way that anyone who thinks painting their face and donning a kilt is sexy, that shirt is fucking horrendous and it would be even if it was clean. I bet even his Mother cringed at that one in the same way I'd imagine any Mother would cringe at their son heading out the door in a kilt and a "see you jimmy" hat on the way to an Independence March. 

Marches of any kind are counter productive. We've known that for years. 
Ultimately it's a public demonstration of your causes most rampant weirdos, whether you are talking about Orange Walks, Republic Marches, Pride Marches, or these stupid Scottish Nationalist marches. 

As much as it pains me (and other posters) to respond to your utter drivel, can you please explain explicitly why you think Pride marches have been counterproductive?

1 hour ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

This is nonsense and ahistorical pish.

It's debatable whether marches on their own have any impact, but they certainly are an integral part of wider, successful social and political movements. Were the hundreds of thousands who marched on Washington in1963 rampant weirdos ?

As for being counter productive, this is just wishful thinking on your behalf. You'll find that the vast majority of folk don't really give a shite that a few thousand folk are walking through Perth. They are relatively quiet, peaceful marches, I don't think there's been any arrests at these things.

I mean the sum total of complaints is 'but what about the traffic hold up'.

Even if that was the sum total of the complaints, it's enough to lose you votes. 

Honestly putting your weirdos on display only makes your cause even more laughable. 

1 minute ago, Malky3 said:

Even if that was the sum total of the complaints, it's enough to lose you votes. 

Honestly putting your weirdos on display only makes your cause even more laughable. 

Aye, folk are going to make their decision in a major constitutional referendum based on the fact it took them 20 minutes longer one Saturday to get to Ikea. STFU.

Your weirdos are on display everyday champ.

downloadfile-3.jpg.653891ec51482e40f7103f8ccce79bd1.jpg