When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Renton claims I argue in bad faith - yet here we see example after example of bad faith arguments from Nationalists none of them called out by "the judge" Renton. Why is that Renton? Are you, with all your professional authority on politics, are you completely compromised by your bias? 

Why will no Nationalist address the one thing that could swing the whole vote in their favour? Why won't they tell us what cuts an Independent Scottish Government would implement when they have to live within the confines of the revenue generated by Scotland alone, rather than through the Barnett Formula where Scotland gets to share in the financial success of London, the South East, and the East of England? Why won't they tell us how much Independence for Scotland would cost? Why won't Nationalists address the massive fiscal shortfall that would have happened had we followed the SNP's last attempt at costing Independence - The White Paper? 

There won't ever be an Indy Ref 2 - but if there ever was to be I - and I'm sure the others that make up the 55% heroes that saved Scotland - will vote No Thanks all over again. 

I think what brexit shows is that a Team Scotland approach will not happen from a 50+1 result.

Nations don't accept referendum results now unless it's a landslide.  I think the only way of gaining independence will be with a guaranteed entry offer from the EU...which will never happen.  the minute Yes wins by 2 or 3% the turncoats will be out changing the analysis to what deal we're going to get...therefore creating all the elements for a bad deal sown in bad faith.

I hope I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, tirso said:

I think what brexit shows is that a Team Scotland approach will not happen from a 50+1 result.

Nations don't accept referendum results now unless it's a landslide. 

The result was accepted by all the major UK-wide parties.  They can't implement it because they can't agree on what Brexit is. It's nothing to do with how narrow the result was.

6 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

These are astonishing numbers. We absolutely need independence and enormous stimulus as soon as possible to counteract this.

New figures released by the Scottish Government:

- there will be a 23.2% rise in pensioners over the next 25 years

- the working age population will fall by 7,000 people.

— Paul Hutcheon (@paulhutcheon) October 21, 2019

Why? 

If Scotland remains in the UK it's of absolutely no consequence what so ever. As I've said before money into the pot from wherever it comes in the UK is money into the pot. 

Even when Gordon Brown and co threw open the doors to immigration people didn't want to come to Scotland. Pritti Patel was recently mocked for suggesting that the UK should accept immigrants and tell them they can only work "up North". 

The only issue that exists is that the figures look horrific for Scottish Independence cause immigrants don't want to come here - possibly because they don't fancy paying the extra tax on their income levied by the Scottish Government and they don't fancy the uncertainty of whether Scotland will be part of the UK or not going forward. 

Edited by Malky3

1 minute ago, sophia said:

underspend?

What about it? 

FFS if the SNP Government underspend their annual budget by £300m odd - it still means they spent £12.3Bn more than they raised in revenue. 

I'm not sure why you would want to troll around the forum chasing that question. 

2 hours ago, sophia said:

After an unfortunate display of ignorance with regard to fiscal matters, one would have expected some degree of contrition.

It's not too late...

Oh dear! Ok Sophia - unleash all you've got. I can't wait.....

See my reading of the two links you have given is much the same as if your Dad gave you £1 to go buy sweets and you have only spent 70p. We'd all admire your fiscal prudence - but it still wouldn't mean that you had earned the £1 in the first place. 

The same is true of the Scottish budget. The Scottish Government gets a grant from the Barnett Formula which is £12.6Bn more than Scotland raises in revenue.  The Scottish Government cannot spend more than the block grant from the Barnett Formula so when it "underspends" it still doesn't mean it's spending less than it raised in revenue. 

The Scottish Government gets a grant from the Barnett Formula which is £12.6Bn more than Scotland raises in revenue. 

This is lies, you knows it’s lies but continue to spout the same regurgitated pish. You are a dribbling simpleton who continues to repeat the same shite, knowing fine well it’s lies. I pity your existence.

18 minutes ago, Mastermind said:

It’s even more hilarious when the YesLosers think independence is ever going to happen. Bless them.

Yep. Because the "union" is going to last forevez m8.

It's already over 1000 years old according to some of you. - https://www.thenational.scot/politics/17983730.english-tory-mp-needs-brush-history/

9 hours ago, Malky3 said:

The only issue that exists is that the figures look horrific for Scottish Independence cause immigrants don't want to come here - possibly because they don't fancy paying the extra tax on their income levied by the Scottish Government and they don't fancy the uncertainty of whether Scotland will be part of the UK or not going forward. 

Aye, I'm sure when immigrants are leaving under a reign on bullets or whatever worse lifestyle they're living in will turn their noses up at Scotland, all because some contrarian on the internet thinks they'll be facing too much uncertainty with tax.