When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You're late to the party.  Killing folk to achieve political ends seems now to be a commonplace view amongst P&B's Natterati.
Meanwhile, we Unionists favour the ballot box over the bullet.

Is this not the point though. You don’t favour the ballot box. Regardless of what Scots think at any given time, regardless how they vote, they can’t get what they want.

1 hour ago, Wee Bully said:

Is this not the point though. You don’t favour the ballot box. Regardless of what Scots think at any given time, regardless how they vote, they can’t get what they want.

Really? 

We got what we wanted in 2014 in a once in a generation referendum. Now you want to use Pie and Bovril as a breeding ground for terrorism. 

I'm surprised the moderators and Div are prepared to tolerate you! 

Just now, Malky3 said:

You certainly are.... 

Which Moran am I? If I'm allowed to choose I'd like to be Dylan Moran, the comedian, though I would settle for Steve Moran, the former footballer.

Just now, MixuFixit said:

Very telling you opt not for Caitlin Moran, or indeed don't bend the rules for Rick Moranis or Glacial Moraine.

I did consider Caitlin, as it happens, but decided against it because she is pals with John Niven, and as much as I have enjoyed some of his books, I think he comes across a bit of a cock.

1 minute ago, NotThePars said:

Ofc it’s not a sincere belief but it’s funny to imagine Scotland resorting to armed struggle given we even shat out of flying the EU flag as a tepid protest at Brexit.

And doing nothing when the Poll Tax was introduced a year or so early up here, waiting for the English rioters to sort it out.

The worst I can realistically see is a few thousand sitting outside Downing Street or the Houses of Parliament waving saltires about. Might get a bit shouty but nothing beyond that.

Think generally there's a huge reticence to riot across most of the UK as a whole, and while there might be a handful of Wings types that start planning disruption it's not going to ever become a mainstream view. edit: well, barring something absolutely remarkable, at least.

Still, would be some laugh to have tanks in George Square and watch uber yoons wanking and crying at such a mighty show of force from the English Empire to put Scotland back in it's fucking box.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely
should maybe be tanks in George Square again, tbh

3 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

and while there might be a handful of Wings types that start planning disruption it's not going to ever become a mainstream view. 

They're even less likely than the average campaigner to engage in any civil disobedience. They, as a collective, seem to think you can post and cyberda meme your way to independence. They're the lumpen of the indy movement.

20 hours ago, Malky3 said:

Nationalists are not democrats no matter how they try to portray themselves. They aren't interested in the majority view.

So hypothetically if a majority of Scottish citizens want another vote you agree the majority view should prevail?  Or not?