Annan Athletic v Queen of the South League Cup 1st round

No idea. That would be unprecedented.

Either way, it is cowardly to turn on an individual as a group out of fear that his way of supporting would be met unjustly. Your issue is with the SPFL.

The SPFL didn't outlaw flares. But if they had it would be one very good reason to give them credit.

Anyone attempting to justify the use of flares and bangers at football matches, and especially in confined spaces in a pub, is either an idiot or on the wind up. And if Queens fans did indeed point out an offender to police and stewards yesterday then good on them, though they should have been doing that a year ago. These absolute morons have systematically destroyed within 12 months the goodwill the likes of the Travel Club and others had generated with opposition clubs and the police over the previous 20 odd years. As well as adding significantly to the stewarding and policing bills at Palmerston and elsewhere.

"Support" like that we can happily do without.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit of a shame to see supporters turn on one of their own for failing to abide by a law created for the purpose of sanitizing football and selling it to middle class families.

Anyone who complains about any of a) lack of atmosphere b) high ticket prices c) games being moved for TV d) identikit all seater stadiums e) money's corrupting influence should have no qualms with those showing a bit of passion and encouragement for their team. If the club receives a fine from the powers that be, direct your anger towards the powers that be and not the supporter showing a bit of courage not to be cowed.

Unpopular opinion I know.

Aye , it show great courage getting lifted! Turn on one of our own?? Majority of Queens fans don't see you clowns as some of our own, nothing but an embarrassment to the club. Young team signing Celtic songs in the shed and that zoomer Fire getting chucked out for starting on queens fans says it all.

I'm sure you know that I was joking.

As was I ;)

Are we not allowed to point out that hes terrible at right back??

Point out what you like. The attitude of several fans around me made it pretty obvious that he's this years scapegoat. As I said, he played right back plenty of times last season

Secondly, I was disappointed in the behaviour of a small minority of the Queens fans (the younger element) who were shouting and chanting on the way to the ground, but in a drunken offensive manner and not in boisterous good spirits.

I heard last night that several Queens supporters were refused entry to the ground after the match had started yesterday afternoon. It was police and stewards who refused them entry

yes you do restart play after a goal. But you do not add time on after every goal is scored

Surely you add time on whenever the ball is dead, if a goal is scored I would imagine the ref adds a little time for the 30 odd seconds lost before play is restarted. This queens fan ref certainly did.

I find it amusing that certain Annan fans are actually having a pop at the ref. I thought every 50/50 decision went in favour of Annan. The ref got both the sending's off spot on and the added time was sufficient. It wasn't exactly helping us out as any ref would have done the same thing.

We'll you sure saw the game different from us,every 50/50 decision Annan's way?

Rubbish but what goes round comes round,just waiting for Queens complaints

about added on time!!!! Watch for sympathy coming from Annan......not!!!!

Diddums

There was one incident in the game where the ball was up for grabs and Lyle just got to the ball first and the Annan boy kicked him as a result of getting there second. The ref awarded Annan the freekick! Any disputable decision went Annan's way yesterday.

The red cards were the correct decision and even that ref couldn't get those wrong. There was 5 goals in the second half. There's 2 and a half minutes added time already. 2 stoppages for subs. There's another minute. So 3 and a half minutes so far. Are you genuinely telling me the ball never went out of play in the second half for more than 30 seconds?

Your team did play well but i said even before game that annan had a chance as queens had 7 new players in team. Best player was your keeper who had 4 to 5 great saves. Queens also hit woodwork 3 times and one shot cleared off line. Queens keeper who didnt have good game had one save. Yes we we were lucky to get equaliser at that time but there was time added on. Game turned when subs game on especially smith who went past black and obstructed. Deff 2nd yellow card and sent off. Second sending off was more like assault. Be proud of your team and stop winging.

There was one incident in the game where the ball was up for grabs and Lyle just got to the ball first and the Annan boy kicked him as a result of getting there second. The ref awarded Annan the freekick! Any disputable decision went Annan's way yesterday.

The red cards were the correct decision and even that ref couldn't get those wrong. There was 5 goals in the second half. There's 2 and a half minutes added time already. 2 stoppages for subs. There's another minute. So 3 and a half minutes so far. Are you genuinely telling me the ball never went out of play in the second half for more than 30 seconds?

Again, I'll repeat our equaliser yesterday was scored just before the 92nd minute notwithstanding what was announced at the time. He did play four minutes of added time but two minutes of that was after the goal. I don't think anyone could complain at two minutes and anything beyond the goal is fairly irrelevant really.

Again, I'll repeat our equaliser yesterday was scored just before the 92nd minute notwithstanding what was announced at the time. He did play four minutes of added time but two minutes of that was after the goal. I don't think anyone could complain at two minutes and anything beyond the goal is fairly irrelevant really.

I didn't think it was scored on 94 minutes personally. I was merely pointing out to the guy that 4 minutes stoppage time was more than justified.

I can remember thinking yesterday that the Annan fans started whistling very early yesterday (16:40 when I looked at my phone), so it's understandable that they think there was a lot of added time :lol:

Was anyone close to the QoS penalty claim btw? It was hard to tell from the other end of the ground but our thinking was that if he was by the 'keeper why would he fall? I'm guessing the ball was away from him though?

I had no issue with the yellow card if the ref wasn't awarding the penalty though. Good decision, providing he got the penalty call correct.

Archived