Annan Athletic v Queen of the South League Cup 1st round

What is chapman slavering on about in his post match interview? No breaks went annans way? I know hes gutted about the defeat which was probably undeserved but it seems the sunshine on saturday has got to him as his heads completely melted giving that interview.

Hilariously tear-stained interview. I'm not exactly sure what breaks he keeps referring to? Maybe the potential leg-break one of his thugs nearly inflicted on Jacobs?

Still we've the joys of Danny Lennon to listen to this coming Saturday, his line of utter bullshit will make Chapman look like an amateur in comparison.

The ball was clearly over the line from where I was and I had a great view of it.

You maybe want to pass this info on to your manager then because he clearly disagrees despite being 50 yards away. He also suggests some of your players feel that way despite the fact none of them seemed to at the time. All very confusing.

I suppose there is the possibility he is just a bitter fud or a complete moron.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His boot isnt blocking the edge of the ball. Draw a line from it straight down and its clearly behind the goal line

There's no way you can tell if the whole ball is over the line from that photo.

Hilariously tear-stained interview. I'm not exactly sure what breaks he keeps referring to? Maybe the potential leg-break one of his thugs nearly inflicted on Jacobs?

Still we've the joys of Danny Lennon to listen to this coming Saturday, his line of utter bullshit will make Chapman look like an amateur in comparison.

You maybe want to pass this info on to your manager then because he clearly disagrees despite being 50 yards away. He also suggests some of your players feel that way despite the fact none of them seemed to at the time. All very confusing.

I suppose there is the possibility he is just a bitter fud or a complete moron.

He certainly doesn't come across as very rational in that interview, but he maybe deserves to be treated a bit charitably. As he says himself, he feels angry and sore, and his lashing out about decisions going against them is just a reflection of impotent rage.

I did feel a bit sorry for Annan on Saturday. The manager's bleating however, does not encourage sympathy.

Guest Flash

It may well have been a goal, but you can't tell from the photo. It looks like part of the ball is overhanging the line, so no goal. But impossible to tell from the angle.

The lino couldn't be 100% certain from where he was either.

I don't think the still is when it was over the line. The still shows the ball after it has come off the post. I think the ball would have been further back when the keeper saved it initially.

Ref got the Hilson dive spot on, and I stand by my assessment of the one on Lyle before that, dive as well.

I forgot just how many chances we had in the closing minutes, we were bound to score sometime.

Hard to tell from camera but disallowed goal from hilson look suspiciously on side as well

He was. But then he was offside for Lyles first goal

I don't think the still is when it was over the line. The still shows the ball after it has come off the post. I think the ball would have been further back when the keeper saved it initially.

Ref got the Hilson dive spot on, and I stand by my assessment of the one on Lyle before that, dive as well.

I forgot just how many chances we had in the closing minutes, we were bound to score sometime.

The ball is over the line in the still but Im guessing you mean its not the point where it was most over the line. I think you're right, if you watch the highlights, that still looks like its from just after the keeper stops the ball, when he then moves it forward

He was. But then he was offside for Lyles first goal

The ball is over the line in the still but Im guessing you mean its not the point where it was most over the line. I think you're right, if you watch the highlights, that still looks like its from just after the keeper stops the ball, when he then moves it forward

The still is inconclusive. Because it's not dead on in line then you can't say for definite it's over. It may well be but it's by a matter of millimeters. The keeper never has his hand on the ball as it touches the ground until after it has come off the post.

I actually think Hilson is marginal for Lyle's goal. When the camera gets to him he is moving towards goal and the defender is stepping up, so he may well have just been on. The assistant was in the best position of us all so I'll trust his judgement.

The still is inconclusive. Because it's not dead on in line then you can't say for definite it's over. It may well be but it's by a matter of millimeters. The keeper never has his hand on the ball as it touches the ground until after it has come off the post.

I actually think Hilson is marginal for Lyle's goal. When the camera gets to him he is moving towards goal and the defender is stepping up, so he may well have just been on. The assistant was in the best position of us all so I'll trust his judgement.

As I said, combine the still with the highlights. That picture isnt the ball at its furthest over the line

I was pretty much right in line with both Hilsons offsides. The linesman got both wrong.

The Annan match report

The big talking point after this League Cup Match surrounded the four additional minutes that the referee added on for stoppages, with Annan holding on by the scruff of the neck for what looked like another superb victory after their Petrofac Cup victory over Airdrieonians, Dale Histon struck deep into injury time score a life saving goal to earn Queens the life line of extra time.

Oh dear!!!

It is true though. Not spoken to anyone on either side of the fence that understands quite where they came from!

It's been explained numerous times. The goal came after 92 minutes. Harping on about the time aspect is just bonkers.

Archived