The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

44 minutes ago, StandFree03 said:

Good "Rangers men" like Smith could say anything and they'd lap it up. They have no money, it's going to be hilarious watching their fans lose their heads :lol:

I'm not sure they take as much notice of Walter as they used to. They all forgot his statement when Charles Green took over.

"We wish the new Rangers Football Club every good fortune."

I've just read the Smith article.

It's truly stunning.  He is absolutely scathing about the Rangers support without meaning to be, or even realising it.

He basically says that they were brilliant when sweeping past part time sides in the lower leagues, but might now abandon the club if they don't get to win the League.  

He suggests that some members of the current board were also on the board when the club won titles before, as if that's a good thing.

It's bewildering.  He's clearly an absolute simpleton.  He really has to be.

In the Daily Record today (obviously not by a journalist) -

George, Meikle, Glasgow, said: “I think Smith is bang on with his comments about Dave King.

“How I envy Celtic enjoying shopping at Fortnum & Mason while Rangers continue to waste their money at Poundstretcher.

“Come on Mr King it is time to open your chequebook and get Rangers back challenging Celtic again sooner rather than later.”

:lol:

Edited by The Minertaur

4 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

In the Daily Record today (obviously not by a journalist) -

George, Meikle, Glasgow, said: “I think Smith is bang on with his comments about Dave King.

“How I envy Celtic enjoying shopping at Fortnum & Mason while Rangers continue to waste their money at Poundstretcher.

“Come on Mr King it is time to open your chequebook and get Rangers back challenging Celtic again sooner rather than later.”

:lol:

That could be from about 97% of all Rangers fans really.  The (fat, obviously) one who sits next to me at work said this almost verbatim to me yesterday when I asked him about Smith's comments.

On 1/10/2017 at 16:11, capt_oats said:

It's almost Pavlovian in so much as their response to a problem is simply to throw cash at it.

The sad thing is for P&B to turn a decent thread in in to yet another rant about Rangers.  I've used the 'Pavlovian' trope many times:

The tragedy of The Diddies is that they revert everything back to Rangers.

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The sad thing is for P&B to turn a decent thread in in to yet another rant about Rangers.  I've used the 'Pavlovian' trope many times:

The tragedy of The Diddies is that they revert everything back to Rangers.

Reported.

Genuinely not sure where to post this but here seemed as good a place as any given the whole "Journalists talking the game down" narrative. It's an interactive site set up by UEFA on the European Football landscape. Covers revenues, job stability, attendances, wages, squad costs etc. Worth a look if that sort of stuff is of any interest to you.

http://reports.uefa.org/