The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

27 minutes ago, Jake Burns said:

'If you Toral 8 this, then your children will be next'. 

When copying anything from twitter the honourable thing is to credit the original rather than try and pass it off as your own. 

44 minutes ago, Jake Burns said:

I'd like to give a special mention to Jamsie the roofer who, I believe, was the person who cracked the 'tolerate' gag during the week in work, I'd also like to apologise to anyone who feels duped into believing that I had anything to do with said gag. I my defence I never said or implied I came up with it but sorry for the confusion. 

Edit -I'm not on twitter 

It was Jamsie that tweeted me. He'll be happy now. :thumsup2

On Friday, January 13, 2017 at 13:41, Desp said:

I'm also not in Marketing, but I'm going to assume the plan was to brand in the same way as a very successful competitor, in the hope that they can make a similar success with it?  Something like that?

Which, when written down by a complete and utter simpleton, may sound like the greatest idea of all time, however to the average punter with a brain in their head, it simply smacks of utter desperation and general shiteness.

Please tell me I'm talking shite when I say this but didn't we hire a firm to come up with suggestions too boost our game and this was their recommendation?

I think the SPFL logo is an appropriate combination of the SPL and SFL logos - aside from making the lion a bit 'angrier' and flipping the ball and swish around that's almost all it is, even the font - but I'd not be surprised if 10s of thousands were lavished on alternatives, road-testing and all that.

Regarding a post above - I also recall it being stated some kind of outside agency had been commissioned and either came up with or concurred with Scottish Premiership, Scottish Championship, Scottish League One and Scottish League Two.

200px-SFLLogo.svg.png + scottish_premier_league.jpg

=

1280px-Scottish_Professional_Football_Le

Edited by HibeeJibee

I see Terrence Butcher is in today's *** saying Rangers need to spend again like the did in 1986 when Celtic were miles ahead of them.

They really need to do it.  Spend big again.  So we can all get the popcorn out.

36 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I see Terrence Butcher is in today's *** saying Rangers need to spend again like the did in 1986 when Celtic were miles ahead of them.

They really need to do it.  Spend big again.  So we can all get the popcorn out.

So that's Smith and Butcher coming out with this stuff recently? Fully expecting Barry Ferguson to use his piece in the Record to repeat the message.

35 minutes ago, RiG said:

So that's Smith and Butcher coming out with this stuff recently? Fully expecting Barry Ferguson to use his piece in the Record to repeat the message.

Some other ex *** has said it too I'm sure. Souness maybe.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

He'll open his piece with the word 'listen'. 

Nothing surer.

10 hours ago, RiG said:

In fairness to Bazza he was in the paper last week disagreeing with what Walter said :o