The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

"Ian McCall, whose Clyde side face Aberdeen in the Scottish Cup on Friday, reveals his son Edson, a barber, has cut some of the Dons players' hair. (Sun)" (BBC Gossip page)

Did he 'exclusively reveal', as per Gerry McNee in 90's Scotsport style though? If not, then I'm not interested...

image.png.8e8c00a08176622a469b633a99c20176.png

Edited by Jim Main

Nicky Devlin wants Aberdeen FC shock hunters left miffed as Ian McCall gratitude debt met with Scottish Cup response

A headline from the Daily Record..... Can anyone hazard a guess as to what the f**k that is meant to mean?

Unless there wasn't a separate story on the BBC website about the two Scottish Women's Cup semi finals this weekend, you'd never know they were on. Nothing in the BBC's Scottish Football's fixture list for this weekend and nothing in the Scottish Women's Football fixture list. Also, on reading through the article on the two semi finals, unless I've missed it, if i wanted to go to either of the semis i wouldn't know where to go. And the BBC are showing two live matches at the same time on the BBC Scotland channel and BBC Alba. It's pathetic coverage for Women's football up here.

Ex-captain Barry Ferguson believes Philippe Clement will bring the glory days back to Ibrox because a chat with the Belgian revealed he "realises the key to life as the Rangers manager is to be a winner". (Daily Record)

Look out Celtic eh! The Crab with a stunning revelation about Clement.

3 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Unless there wasn't a separate story on the BBC website about the two Scottish Women's Cup semi finals this weekend, you'd never know they were on. Nothing in the BBC's Scottish Football's fixture list for this weekend and nothing in the Scottish Women's Football fixture list. Also, on reading through the article on the two semi finals, unless I've missed it, if i wanted to go to either of the semis i wouldn't know where to go. And the BBC are showing two live matches at the same time on the BBC Scotland channel and BBC Alba. It's pathetic coverage for Women's football up here.

There’s a good amount of coverage on the actual Scottish women’s football page, tbf, but actually finding that page is a complete nightmare.

48 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Ex-captain Barry Ferguson believes Philippe Clement will bring the glory days back to Ibrox because a chat with the Belgian revealed he "realises the key to life as the Rangers manager is to be a winner". (Daily Record)

Somebody really should grab all of Barry's quotes about the last five or six Rangers managers, a couple of months after they've taken charge.  I'm fairly certain it'll be the same quote but with a different manager's name.

Which manager did he tout to dominate Scottish Football because he made the Rangers players wear suits to games again? Was that Beale?

Barry Ferguson was a fantastic footballer but he's as thick as a Boxing Day shite.  

19 minutes ago, Desp said:

Somebody really should grab all of Barry's quotes about the last five or six Rangers managers, a couple of months after they've taken charge.  I'm fairly certain it'll be the same quote but with a different manager's name.

Which manager did he tout to dominate Scottish Football because he made the Rangers players wear suits to games again? Was that Beale?

Barry Ferguson was a fantastic footballer but he's as thick as a Boxing Day shite.  

Don’t forget the brogues.

1D6F79DD-EEAA-4555-8765-333E41665635.png

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Hold on, Paul lambert says Celtic have to be winners. This doesn’t reconcile. 

20 hours ago, Raidernation said:

^^^ Translation:

We fukkin' hate the sheepshaggers and hope they lose.

Aberdeen are playing a side from the Central Belt tonight, so of course everyone hopes they lose.

Long been established on here that those of us from the Central Belt (as we all identify ourselves) support all Central Belt teams against non-Central Belt Teams.

Hopefully another win for the Central Belt Alliance tonight. Hope we get a Central Belt ref. Aberdeen will have no chance that way.

3 hours ago, Desp said:

Even we don't pay attention to what he says 

3 hours ago, lapsley said:

There’s a good amount of coverage on the actual Scottish women’s football page, tbf, but actually finding that page is a complete nightmare.

No one should have to go searching for that info. 

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

"Rangers hero"... :yucky

Sums up everything wrong with journalism is this country, though classing the current bun as journalism is stretching it a bit. 

I wonder if their English edition had him as Everton hero? 🤔

23 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Sums up everything wrong with journalism is this country, though classing the current bun as journalism is stretching it a bit. 

I wonder if their English edition had him as Everton hero? 🤔

That would at least make sense!

But calling him a Rangers hero when he played 20-odd games is just lying.

The thicker elements of the cult will eat it up though and probably (sadly) gets them more clicks than if they just said "Inverness boss Duncan Ferguson". A sad state of affairs all round.