The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, capt_oats said:

Take it this is the tweet in question? Seriously?! What part of that is mocking the Scottish game?

Anyone getting worked up about what is, let's face it, a completely accurate comment is at it.

Maybe not mocking but suggests Celtic simply turned on the style to get back in the game, when in fact they were given the chance to equalise by one of the worst refereeing decisions in a long time, shortly after Saints denied a penalty that could have made it 3-1.

Daily Ranger didn't realise Gers were actually playing Ross County - ach it wis some Highland mob, that'll do!!

"

Rangers fans have been left raging as star duo Barrie McKay and Wes Foderingham debuted their new green gear.

The pair have irked the Ibrox faithful with their choice of gear in recent days as winger McKay sported a pair of green boots during their dismal 1-1 draw against Inverness.

The Gers fanbase were less than amused judging by a deluge of comments on social media - and now keeper Foderingham is facing a similar backlash.

Fuk off. Your fooling no one same as that motherwell 'fan' that definately is not a ***

Fucking state to get in. :lol:

And I'm not trying to fool anyone m9 I have absolutely no problem with Celtic football club and because I'm not foaming at the mouth about them like a lot of losers on here that doesn't make me a fan.

I really don't understand the papers sudden interest in the colour of Rangers players boots.  I can think of a few players who've worn green boots over the years and not a single fuck has been given by anyone, least of all the fans.

I'm more angry about players turning up in fancy coloured boots and being utterly shite.  You need to be able to back that shit up or you deserve getting booted up and down the touchline for 90 minutes.

10 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm more angry about players turning up in fancy coloured boots and being utterly shite.  You need to be able to back that shit up or you deserve getting booted up and down the touchline for 90 minutes.

This! In the 90's when everyone still wore black boots Queens signed a guy called Nesovic, not as exotic as it sounds he was from Leeds.

This guy wore dayglow green or yellow boots. As you say, if you're going to indulge in that sort of behaviour you better be bloody good. If not it just emphasises your shiteness. Nesovic being a case in point.

It's utterly tragic that this is classed as news and gets written about. Morons writing about this are as bad as those who get themselves worked up about it. Anything, no matter how trivial, that can stoke the rivalry fires gets printed.

There's now a reasonable defence for Rangers fans if they ever throw coins at a player or official. 'Wae dinae like tha green o tha pitch, thats wat we wis aiming for'

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

I don't think there's many people who talk up Scottish football more than Derek Rae tbh.

Exactly. Rae is sheer class. His enthusiasm always shines through but so does his encyclopaedic knowledge of Scottish football and football in general.

If the rest of the Scottish media put even half as much effort into their research as Rae, this thread would be far shorter.

3 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

Daily Ranger didn't realise Gers were actually playing Ross County - ach it wis some Highland mob, that'll do!!

"

Rangers fans have been left raging as star duo Barrie McKay and Wes Foderingham debuted their new green gear.

The pair have irked the Ibrox faithful with their choice of gear in recent days as winger McKay sported a pair of green boots during their dismal 1-1 draw against Inverness.

The Gers fanbase were less than amused judging by a deluge of comments on social media - and now keeper Foderingham is facing a similar backlash.

"Dismal"

Was it "dismal they drew wi County/Inverness/who cares it wasn't Celtic or did they play dismally?

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I really don't understand the papers sudden interest in the colour of Rangers players boots.  I can think of a few players who've worn green boots over the years and not a single fuck has been given by anyone, least of all the fans.

The fact that there's even mention on twitter about Mckay and his boots, and importantly that you "can think of a few players who've worn green boots over the years" actually suggests more than a single fuck has been given. 

The Daily Record have a ranking of Premiership teams based on the number of current first-team players who came through the youth ranks. Putting aside the old club/new club stuff, they have (The) Rangers second bottom with two: Barrie McKay and Danny Wilson.

But read on...

Under Motherwell, they say:

Well can actually boast 11 players that came through their ranks but as four of those - McFadden, Lasley, Hammell and Pearson - have been away and returned they have to make do with fourth place in our table for the seven that have remained.

So the rules are "if a player left and came back, they aren't counted".

Now, folks, do we think they've genuinely forgotten that Danny Wilson left Ibrox and returned, or do you think they're just ignoring that rule for (The) Rangers to stop them being bottom of the table with only one home-grown player?

3 minutes ago, Captain Material said:

The fact that there's even mention on twitter about Mckay and his boots, and importantly that you "can think of a few players who've worn green boots over the years" actually suggests more than a single fuck has been given. 

You're right m8, it's my twitter account they've quoted.  Seething I am, seething.

The Daily Record have a ranking of Premiership teams based on the number of current first-team players who came through the youth ranks. Putting aside the old club/new club stuff, they have (The) Rangers second bottom with two: Barrie McKay and Danny Wilson.
But read on...
Well can actually boast 11 players that came through their ranks but as four of those - McFadden, Lasley, Hammell and Pearson - have been away and returned they have to make do with fourth place in our table for the seven that have remained.
Now, folks, do we think they've genuinely forgotten that Danny Wilson left Ibrox and returned, or do you think they're just ignoring that rule for (The) Rangers to stop them being bottom of the table with only one home-grown player?

They also started the piece with:
"Celtic, Rangers and Hearts have some of the top youngsters in the Premiership but which club gives youth the best chance - we rank all 12 in terms of league appearances."
Then they go on to show that Rangers are 9th in the table for young players, and one of them's only played 1 minute of football. Danny Wilson's also been injured for most of the campaign, as he's only made 11 appearances.

But read on...

For us they've decided to list Steven Anderson, despite the fact we signed him when he was 19.

"coming through the ranks", indeed.