The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

From the Daily Record

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/champions-league-showdown-celtic-would-10821662

Dundalk ace Paddy Barrett reckons clinching a Champions League showdown with Celtic tonight would be the best moment in his career.

And later on

"But we know it’ll mean nothing if we don’t focus on tomorrow’s game. As big as Celtic are, our only goal is to beat Rosenborg.

So is the game tonight, or tomorrow oh Rangers fanzine

Guest JTS98

To be fair to the journalists (I know, I know), at this time of year they can't win.

There's really nothing much happening most days over the summer, but people still want football stories in the paper. There'll be all kind of moaning if Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic, Team X... whoever, go too long without being mentioned in the paper. So journalists have to cling onto messageboard rumours or just clean make things up.

It's rubbish, but people would get equally annoyed if they just said nothing. Short of shutting down the sports sections of the papers over the summer, I don't see what can be done.

Our journalists are awful 365 days a year, but I'd be inclined to not even bother reading over the months of June and July. A waste of time.

7 hours ago, gkneil said:

Resorting to reporting training ground free kicks to big up Rangers. Minterific

IMG_1500383316.234277.jpg

to be fair, they have reporters with video recording facilities at all 12 SPFL training pitches....

None of the other 11 teams have scored such a magnificent free kick 

Good old Record...Going for 55 / WATP/ Season tickets still for sale/ etc....

6 hours ago, JTS98 said:

To be fair to the journalists (I know, I know), at this time of year they can't win.

There's really nothing much happening most days over the summer, but people still want football stories in the paper. There'll be all kind of moaning if Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic, Team X... whoever, go too long without being mentioned in the paper. So journalists have to cling onto messageboard rumours or just clean make things up.

It's rubbish, but people would get equally annoyed if they just said nothing. Short of shutting down the sports sections of the papers over the summer, I don't see what can be done.

Our journalists are awful 365 days a year, but I'd be inclined to not even bother reading over the months of June and July. A waste of time.

Aye, it's well known sport just stops over the summer :rolleyes:

Rangers Record boycott latest: https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/rangers-fans-unite-in-daily-record-campaign

Edited by Stu

45 minutes ago, Stu said:

Aye, it's well known sport just stops over the summer :rolleyes:

Rangers Record boycott latest: https://www.rangersobserver.com/views/2017/7/16/rangers-fans-unite-in-daily-record-campaign

Rangers supporters are making a habit of coming together, uniting in the thousands and changing things for the better and it appears over the past few days we have found another cause in defence of our club. 

We marched on Hampden, led by legend Sandy Jardine, to show the SFA that we wouldn’t stand for the sanctions they were looking to impose back in 2012. We protested outside the main entrance to Ibrox and boycotted Sports Direct to tell Mike Ashley to keep his hands off our magnificent stadium.

warnock.png

1 hour ago, ancientnoise said:

They're showing the way. Perhaps we should get behind them and ALL boycott it? 

I don't understand why any diddy club supporter buys/reads it in the first place.

BBC Sport Scotland still don't understand how the points work in the Bet Fred Cup. Of course they're not really interested because...well, y'know...
25in5ef.png

It says a lot for the credibility of the BBC that you went to wikipedia to double-check.