The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

20 minutes ago, MARYHILLISWONDERFUL said:

On that page under the article they have a video 'best goals of Scottish Premiership last season' or words to that effect.

To be fair, it features one goal from every team, but the goals for every team other than Aberdeen and Partick are against Celtic or Rangers.

This probably says something about our game, I'm just not really sure what.

The goals for Aberdeen and Partick are both against Ross County just to throw that into the mix. The plot thickens....

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

On that page under the article they have a video 'best goals of Scottish Premiership last season' or words to that effect.

To be fair, it features one goal from every team, but the goals for every team other than Aberdeen and Partick are against Celtic or Rangers.

This probably says something about our game, I'm just not really sure what.

The goals for Aberdeen and Partick are both against Ross County just to throw that into the mix. The plot thickens....

Erm where is the terrible members thread?

Aberdeen's goal was against Motherwell and not every team was featured with Accies and ICT missing.

16 minutes ago, cowboy said:

talksport  just reported hibernians Europa league scoreline

yeah, I know, you know, but they don't

Perhaps they have a large Maltese audience?
They're a Sky mouthpiece now, also advertise Uber, so anything goes really!!

3 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Erm where is the terrible members thread?

Aberdeen's goal was against Motherwell and not every team was featured with Accies and ICT missing.

Yes, but apart from that... :blink:

I actually knew it was Motherwell cos I remember wondering was that the 7-2 game where McGhee lost the plot, so I've no idea why by the time I typed it I'd turned them into Ross County?? 

In my (admittedly weak) defence it was written in a slight red wine haze..

7 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

I actually knew it was Motherwell cos I remember wondering was that the 7-2 game where McGhee lost the plot, so I've no idea why by the time I typed it I'd turned them into Ross County?? 

You're basic concept was right though. Probably about 95% of the time you see pics of diddy players in the media they're playing against the bigot brothers.

SPFL and BBC sites are amazing for this. Every single player from the bottom 2 divisions, if they earn a move or whatever, is pictured against Sevco in the first couple of years of their 'journey'.

There's a simple reason for that though. Those games would have been covered by photographers from agencies who those organisations have pre existing deals with. The likelihood is that they don't have any other pics of the players concerned but when the name is popped in the library a stock PA/SNS pic will pop up that is free at the point of use.

inebriation is no excuse. if it was, then the papers are all in the clear.

There's a few boys I know who have been or are still are at Elgin City and all their Twitter and Facebook profile pics are them at home or away to Rangers in 2012/2013.  Suppose it's still a big draw to play against them.

I mind that game. I played upfront for Aberdeen, despite only being 9. My strike partner was Ronaldo (the original one). Paul Nuttal played in goals and Gordon Ramsey was on the wing for Linfield (Old Rangers had loaned him to them for this game).
As I recall we were trailing going in to the 4th quarter, but I scored a 3 pointer to level things up. This took us in to overtime, but disaster struck when we lost a man to the sin bin and Linfield, sensing the win, brought on guys for the power play. However we held on, including a great sack of the quarter back, an so it went to penalties, which we won 77-76 when Penenka scored the winner in sudden, sudden, sudden, sudden, sudden death
I still have the Superbowl ring from that game.

I'm glad you posted because I remember that game like it was yesterday but everyone I know denied the fact I was there from my now ex wife to my parents to the hospital and Bob geldof

Miller is now claiming it wasn't a friendly but a 'training game' and that it wasn't at Windsor Park. He also it was over 25 years ago. Oh and apparently he's 'devastated'.

That of course doesn't excuse the utter lies made up in the article and the snidey insinuations around the whole 'red dots' pish.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-miller-apologises-linfield-over-10698496

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Miller is now claiming it wasn't a friendly but a 'training game' and that it wasn't at Windsor Park. He also it was over 25 years ago. Oh and apparently he's 'devastated'.

That of course doesn't excuse the utter lies made up in the article and the snidey insinuations around the whole 'red dots' pish.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joe-miller-apologises-linfield-over-10698496

No elaboration of where the game was and who it was against.