The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

Just now, bennett said:

Surely you're not suggesting that Scottish football acted for its own self interests rather than sporting integrity?

I think Scottish Football acted in the only way they could, to be honest. We've had five or so years to digest the 'facts' and hone them into our and your narratives which clearly differ. The problem is not what happened but rather why.  The Rangers fans still struggle to see why the rest of Scotland really hate them.

Sporting integrity on the other hand is a little phrase that actually has no real meaning. It's just a phrase that some people use along with things like "we arra peepol".   What is important is that The Rangers are clinging on a bit like this guy. Without the physique, looks or talent obviously.

Image result for rock climber free solo

9 minutes ago, weejoeharper said:

I think Scottish Football acted in the only way they could, to be honest. We've had five or so years to digest the 'facts' and hone them into our and your narratives which clearly differ. The problem is not what happened but rather why.  The Rangers fans still struggle to see why the rest of Scotland really hate them.

Sporting integrity on the other hand is a little phrase that actually has no real meaning. It's just a phrase that some people use along with things like "we arra peepol".   What is important is that The Rangers are clinging on a bit like this guy. Without the physique, looks or talent obviously.

Image result for rock climber free solo

Acted to benefit their own clubs, yes that much is quite clear.

Tidy pic btw.

31 minutes ago, bennett said:

Surely you're not suggesting that Scottish football acted for its own self interests rather than sporting integrity?

The two coincided.

Not a problem.

Whichever explanation you run with though, Lambert was talking unsupportable shite.  That's why you've been unable to support his comments. 

What a lot of pish. Scottish football fast tracked you into the league over other clubs who have applied to join many times before.

Was there not also some serious jiggery pokery by Doncaster, Regan et al regarding the UEFA licence / Sevco not having 3 years of audited accounts ?
I may be wrong on this, memory ain’t wot it used to be.........[emoji848]

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ve already asked this.

He ignored me too.

I’ll answer for him as he’s unable to say this. It has absolutely nothing to do with Scottish football, but everything to do with Rangers. They all know this but are not able to put it in writing.

Was there not also some serious jiggery pokery by Doncaster, Regan et al regarding the UEFA licence / Sevco not having 3 years of audited accounts ?
I may be wrong on this, memory ain’t wot it used to be.........[emoji848]
I'm sure clubs aren't allowed a SPFL membership without three years of audited accounts. There shouldve been an application process for clubs to put forward their proposals as to why they should be allowed in.

They completely ignored their own rules to shove Sevco into the bottom tier. A truly staggering show of favouritism, which proved undoubtedly they don't have a neutral view of clubs, which I'm always surprised hasn't had more of a backlash.

TBF, he's recently confessed that he can't remember his own posts a matter of days after making them, even when they're still on the same page he's posting on. He probably genuinely doesn't remember who's asked him what, what happened to the football club he used to support, or where everybody goes when he closes his eyes.

Bit of compassion, please.

15 hours ago, tree house tam said:

What a lot of pish. Scottish football fast tracked you into the league over other clubs who have applied to join many times before.

Sevco should have started at the same level the Gretna newco did,I hope the authorities bear this in mind when the the Rangers apply to join the league

What absolute dross :lol: 

How do they get away with printing this muck?  :angry: 

"The former Celtic midfielder has hit out at Scotland's clubs for not thinking about the impact the move would have on the game"

I would say that it's much more likely that he's not thought about it. At all. He's just trotted out the usual OF sycophantic pish with little regard to important things like facts and stuff. 

As for the impact it all had? Wasn't too bad at all IMO.  It all went rather well actually. 

FWIW I voted no. 66% voting yes at the moment :o  Frightening. 

Edited by Trackdaybob