The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

I wonder who'll be hosting OAM today. Richard Gordon's on holiday. Bets on Kenny "Oh Barry i love you" McIntyre. 

It’s Liam McLeod.

He’s a better commentator than he is a presenter...

22 hours ago, Stu said:

Wonder where the nationals will have sent more reporters today? Will there be extra coverage of lower league games or will papers who are making constant cutbacks have miraculously found the money necessary to send their staff abroad with Rangers and Celtic?

Press box at Saints was full yesterday with folk I hadn't seen at our games for years. No doubt all there to watch Lewis Morgan who I see in the papers gave a star performance, despite it being one of his poorer displays (by his high standards).

Loads of stuff in the Championship section of the BBC website too, shame we can't get that every week.

New Celtic signing Lewis Morgan, who takes corners with both feet, hopes he reminds the Hoops fans of two-footed club legend Lubo Moravcik. (Daily Record)

And I thought I'd seen most things in football...

1 hour ago, 7-2 said:

New Celtic signing Lewis Morgan, who takes corners with both feet, hopes he reminds the Hoops fans of two-footed club legend Lubo Moravcik. (Daily Record)

And I thought I'd seen most things in football...

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

Players with two feet, that'll never catch on..

Kicking with both feet at the same time is quite a party trick, tbh.

Edited by Boghead ranter

On 06/01/2018 at 13:50, killiefan27 said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-noticed-celtics-flight-11806222

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/five-things-noticed-rangers-flight-11806076

Someone's actually been paid to sit and take some photos of footballers getting on a plane from an image agency and write about what we've "learned".

I know that this mindless shit isn't aimed at me, so it shouldn't depress or anger me.

By Christ it does though.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know that this mindless shit isn't aimed at me, so it shouldn't depress or anger me.

By Christ it does though.

It seriously doesn't matter. We know the media (especially Sports media) is so often vacuous and lazy.

Who cares?  They are losing the importance they once had by the day.

57 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

It seriously doesn't matter. We know the media (especially Sports media) is so often vacuous and lazy.

Who cares?  They are losing the importance they once had by the day.

You're right, but it irritates me that an audience for such insulting rubbish exists.

Not Scotland but recorded the FA cup games this morning and in the Mansfield v West Ham game Jonathan Pierce has shoehorned 5 comments about England’s World Cup winning U17s in the first 19 mind. Is this the new 1966?

5 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

Not Scotland but recorded the FA cup games this morning and in the Mansfield v West Ham game Jonathan Pierce has shoehorned 5 comments about England’s World Cup winning U17s in the first 19 mind. Is this the new 1966?

No wonder West Ham were so lacklustre against Shrewsbury, they must have been knackered