The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I saw the Sun saying that Novo had suffered a "shock heart attack", leading me to the assumption that they think there are expected heart attacks.

Just look around Ibrox on a Saturday and you'll see some heart attacks waiting to happen.

Ignore - Dons got there first.

Edited by The DA

Which is also why one end of Lansdowne Road in Dublin is a lot lower than the rest of the stadium.

Apparently, there is/was an  expression in newspapers where Scottish Journalists were asked to put a kilt on it, in reference to making a (usually English) story relevant for Scottish readers by whatever means. The above* is a classic example of putting a sash on it, where Scottish Journalists, using as many degrees of separation as needed, put a Rangers** angle on any given story - its hilariously prevalent now, for the purposes of the clicks I guess. There should be an award for the most tenuous of the year, sponsored by the Evening Times, given that their entire output consists of these stories.

*I'll ignore the ludicrous premise of the story 

**or their pals from the across the city

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42615094
This article on today's Ayr/Raith game features an image with the caption "Greig Spence scored a decisive equaliser in Raith Rovers' top-of-the-table meeting with Ayr United"
I'm not sure "decisive" is the word I'd use

It gets better.

“The gap between the sides remains at one point, although Ayr have two games in hand”

No, it’s us that have the two games in hand.

Fifteen competitive games in the SPFL yesterday. 

Today’s Sunday Post pull-out:

2326C232-F930-4C80-9707-445062C98409.thumb.jpeg.4f21f509494ca6b47ee067568774550f.jpeg

The match itself is reported on pages 2 and 3, with a further feature on pages 3 and 4. Yesterday’s games don’t even get a mention until pages 8 and 9...before being interrupted again with a centre spread interview. With Jimmy Nicholl. 

4 hours ago, buchan30 said:

It gets better.

“The gap between the sides remains at one point, although Ayr have two games in hand”

No, it’s us that have the two games in hand.

Chic Young kept getting that wrong on the radio yesterday as well

14 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Never mind that they got the score completely wrong.

Apologies, should have said it was two different things I was posting. The wrong score is from the BBC website, the credible 10th place was in the Scotsman report.