The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

I think that we all know that the Chinese bid for Morelos is a complete work of fiction, but BBC Scotland on the radio this morning saying that Morelos here till the end of the season at least. The Chinese transfer window doesn’t close until 27th February, so plenty of time for them to up their bid to £20m.

The word from China: source close to Beijing Renhe denies that the club made a multi-million pound bid for@RangersFC Alfredo Morelos. Says their foreign player quota is full, and that there's a levy on foreign signings over $7 million.
@BBCKheredine going off script?

BBCKheredine‏Verified account @BBCKheredine

More

An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I think that we all know that the Chinese bid for Morelos is a complete work of fiction, but BBC Scotland on the radio this morning saying that Morelos here till the end of the season at least. The Chinese transfer window doesn’t close until 27th February, so plenty of time for them to up their bid to £20m.

Do we?

I see they've got a written version of the Sportsound chat up on the page now.

All very humdrum until the last line where they've quoted Stephen Thompson as saying "I'd be surprised if anyone wanted the job".

When in actual fact he was laughing, saying "I'd be surprised if anyone wanted the job, the way [the panel] are slaughtering*  it" before Chris McLaughlin listed several possible positives for a new person.

Very minor, but typical negative spin on things from BBC "Scotland".

*or similar synonym

7 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

More

An apology to @RangersFC : despite what I was told from China, there was indeed a multi-million euro bid, indeed bids, from Beijing Renhe for striker Alfredo Morelos, with varying options for how it would have been structured. This retracts, and corrects my previous tweet.

Almost certainly a case of getting his baws booted by his superiors after the bigot Traynor called up to complain about the earlier tweet.

”Super Rangers, no one likes us, and we really do care an awful lot.”

4 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Almost certainly a case of getting his baws booted by his superiors after the bigot Traynor called up to complain about the earlier tweet.

”Super Rangers, no one likes us, and we really do care an awful lot.”

The all powerful Jim Traynor, puppet master of the dreaded smsm....

8 hours ago, lonewolfie said:

More

Written by Traynor and sent to him in a three word email...tweet this NOW.

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All very humdrum until the last line where they've quoted Stephen Thompson as saying "I'd be surprised if anyone wanted the job".

When in actual fact he was laughing, saying "I'd be surprised if anyone wanted the job, the way [the panel] are slaughtering*  it" before Chris McLaughlin listed several possible positives for a new person.

*or similar synonym

It's actually not very minor Ranaldo. Quite the opposite. It is a classic example of the media manipulating a quote to suit an agenda. 'Out of context' is the kindest euphemism that could be used. Devious c***s is a more accurate description though especially considering the organisation involved.

8 hours ago, 7-2 said:

Written by Traynor and sent to him in a three word email...tweet this NOW.

It's actually not very minor Ranaldo. Quite the opposite. It is a classic example of the media manipulating a quote to suit an agenda. 'Out of context' is the kindest euphemism that could be used. Devious c***s is a more accurate description though especially considering the organisation involved.

You're right of course. I think we've become so inured to their manipulation and twisting of facts that it's easy to downplay things.

They are a truly despicable organisation.

10 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

*or similar synonym

I also see from that article that Chris McLaughlin feels Neil Doncaster is a viable option for the job. Proof, if it were needed, that he doesn't have a f**king clue.

Tom English has been curiously defensive about the SFA of late. I like this line from his eulogy of Stewart Regan on the Beeb's website: "You have a better chance of getting a camel through the eye of a needle than you have of becoming popular as chief executive of the SFA. Given the politics of Scottish football, it's impossible. Has anybody been popular in that role? Ever?"

Couldn't help but think, "you've been poked in the eye eight times now, and you still haven't enjoyed it? There's just no pleasing you people!"  :P

15 hours ago, The Master said:

For as long as Sevco try to dictate who the BBC can and cannot send to cover games at Ibrox, they will not send anyone.

And rightly so. 

Anyone from the bbc is free to attend any game at Ibrox.

And rightly so.

Similar to when they had Harry Redknapp who was continually pestered about the Scotland job and had to politely say that the Scotland job would be of interest to anyone BUT he retired and was enjoying life and they wouldn’t approach him anyway.

Next day “Redknapp interested in Scotland job”

c***s