The Terrible Journalism & Tom English Thread

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes.

In reality, their stance is pretty half hearted and inconveniences them more than it does Rangers.

Quite bizzare. Surely if such "threats" are being made it is a matter for the police?Otherwise pass the reports to the rangers legal team to take appropriate action? 

Perhaps thats not how things are done in establishment Scotland?

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Indeed, as evidenced by the persecution of Jim Spence.

Prayers for wee Jum.

16 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

It is obviously the case that journalists are frightened of reporting the truth regarding the Govan lot. 

We just need to look at the tweets from the tennis guy to explain this. All this sorry episode does is to reduce the credibility of both the journalists and the rangers.

:lol:  That explains why you never see any negative articles regarding Sevco, I reckon that Jim Traynor is behind it all....

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I noticed that.

An absurdly convoluted way of saying (or more accurately, of not saying) something.

It's funny.  When Rangers' - or anyone's - transfer activity is discussed, nobody refers to a holding company conducting such business.  That only comes into play it seems, when liquidation is the topic.  Another example of the ludicrous mental and linguistic contortions required to pretend that the events of 2012 provided no significant interruption.

The SPFL's own rules are the pinnacle of linguistic acrobatics when it comes to covering up the Sevco debacle, with references to clubs having "holding companies" and being "owned and operated by a member" of the league.  Basically anything and everything necessary to make it appear that clubs and companies are different.

6 minutes ago, The Master said:

The SPFL's own rules are the pinnacle of linguistic acrobatics when it comes to covering up the Sevco debacle, with references to clubs having "holding companies" and being "owned and operated by a member" of the league.  Basically anything and everything necessary to make it appear that clubs and companies are different.

Look lets get this straight if sevco werent in the leagues we would face armageddon!

There should also be rules around access for the media that must be adhered to. Somehow I dont think any club could refuse access to certain journalists for champions league matches just because they didnt like what they said about them. There is always the legal route for sevco and they could add the bbc to the long line of people they are allegedly taking through the courts?

Just proves that the vile bullying from sevco actually gets results! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42842520

jlewis.JPG.72fe49c8d7bf8559653c86b9de57cf5e.JPG

Where to start.  Maybe she mis-typed the month...have we lost a home game on the 12th of any other month?

Maybe she mis-typed the date...did we lose a home league game on any other date in August?

We've lost 1 league game at home and it was on the 2nd of December.

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42842520

jlewis.JPG.72fe49c8d7bf8559653c86b9de57cf5e.JPG

Where to start.  Maybe she mis-typed the month...have we lost a home game on the 12th of any other month?

Maybe she mis-typed the date...did we lose a home league game on any other date in August?

We've lost 1 league game at home and it was on the 2nd of December.

The grammar is also appalling. 

As written, it suggests St Mirren were back at home having been on a run of away games against (from context) Queen of the South, having beaten them twice before that run. 

18 minutes ago, The Master said:

The grammar is also appalling. 

As written, it suggests St Mirren were back at home having been on a run of away games against (from context) Queen of the South, having beaten them twice before that run. 

These "journalists" just dont seem to take any pride at all in their work?

9 hours ago, killiemilan said:

Thanks for clarifying that.The BBC need to stand up to the rangers by not reporting at all on the games other than reading the scores.

Indeed, read yesterday's score every hour for the next few days. 

I'll start. 

Sevco FC (2012) 1  Hibernian 2

:lol:

3 hours ago, John Lambie said:

Not entirely related but the BBC have created this... 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p05wgqt7/the-break-series-3-4-a-vocal-minority

Apart from the one decent scene that portrays them as they really are,  I'm wondering WTF is the point of it.  

Thought it made a cracking point IMHO. Some absolute mutants on both sides of the divide.

On 02/02/2018 at 19:40, The_Kincardine said:

The BBC are free and welcome to cover games at Ibrox, too.  That they choose not to is to their collective shame.

The BBC are not free to send their employee Chris McLaughlin to Ibrox to report on a match in an official capacity, because he reported something that actually happened. You couldn’t make it up.

Untitled.png.338df8ed780616d55fcfb0fe9286003b.png
Top story in 'Scottish Football'...English third division club sacks it's manager.

I get annoyed at this when it’s a Scottish manager that gets sacked from an English club and it appears in Scottish football section.

This is an Englishman, being sacked from an English lower league team.

And this is the main headline on the ‘scottish football’ section.... [emoji85]

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I get annoyed at this when it’s a Scottish manager that gets sacked from an English club and it appears in Scottish football section.

And this is the main headline on the ‘scottish football’ section.... emoji85.png

Played for Scotland though. But I agree it's shocking and we all know why it's prominent.

Played for Scotland though. But I agree it's shocking and we all know why it's prominent.

Apologies you are correct there (and I saw your first version of that too!).

I just find it very frustrating when stories that have nothing to do with “Scottish football” appear on that part of the site.

It’s nothing on the day David Moyes got sacked by Man Utd. I’m pretty sure the entire Scottish football section was consumed by the many, many stories/opinion columns etc related to that.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I just find it very frustrating when stories that have nothing to do with “Scottish football” appear on that part of the site.

It’s nothing on the day David Moyes got sacked by Man Utd. I’m pretty sure the entire Scottish football section was consumed by the many, many stories/opinion columns etc related to that.

It really does my head in too. If someone is that interested in 'Scots' in the English game then make one more  click and go to English Football and fill your boots. It's easy enough. 

The amount of English football coverage by the BBC in the little time and space allocated for supposed dedicated Scottish football coverage is a disgrace especially given there's wall to wall coverage of it available everywhere else. 

19 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Yeah I didn't want to potentially derail the thread with people arguing about whether he was Scottish or not. 

Guest Moomintroll

And this is the main headline on the ‘scottish football’ section.... [emoji85]

And then you see the two irrelevant dinosaurs directly below, and, without any apparent irony the image on the 4th story.

An article by the BBC's "Sport Editor" on a potential Winter Break for the English Premier League and not even a passing mention of the fact that another UK league already does this. Instead, the winter breaks in Germany, France, Italy and Spain are mentioned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42954835